POP Mail has stopped working

  • Gene
    Message 1 of 2 , Jul 17, 2013
      I am using latest release of Eudora under Windows 7 and POP mail from Yahoo had been working fine except the semi regular request from Yahoo to resign in to Yahoo. When I got to Yahoo I was signed on but resigning in allowed POP mail on my computer to work fine again

      TODAY

      I am logged in to my Yahoo account at Yahoo on the web. All is fine there

      In the past I get all my Yahoo mail through POP mail from my computer and have for many years.

      POP mail has stopped working on my computer. I get the message "Incorrect user name or password MBR1212. No matter how many times I go back to Yahoo and sign on again I find myself still signed in and sign in again but at my computer I keep getting the message "Incorrect user name or password MBR1212

      Is there a phone number I can use to reach Yahoo tech support?

      Is anyone else having the same problem
    • Shal Farley
      Message 2 of 2 , Jul 17, 2013
        Gene,

        > I am using latest release of Eudora under Windows 7...

        I'm assuming Eudora Classic 7.1.0.9 rather than Eudora OSE 1.0 (modified
        Thunderbird).

        > POP mail from Yahoo had been working fine except the semi regular
        > request from Yahoo to resign in to Yahoo. When I got to Yahoo I was
        > signed on but resigning in allowed POP mail on my computer to work
        > fine again...

        That's already pretty odd. The Persona you set up in Eudora stores the
        password to access the POP server, there should be no way for that to be
        connected to whether you're signed in to Yahoo's web interface. If those
        two do interact then Yahoo is doing something screwy which isn't normal
        for email services.

        > POP mail has stopped working on my computer. I get the message
        > "Incorrect user name or password MBR1212.

        It is possible that Eudora's memory of the password for that account has
        been corrupted, but I'm surprised Eudora itself isn't prompting you to
        re-enter the password for that persona -- that's what it usually does to
        me anytime there's been a password failure.

        > Is anyone else having the same problem

        I've read a few other complaints. One person suggested that Eudora can't
        handle some of the newer authentication protocols, or handles them
        incorrectly, and has become incompatible with those email services that
        require the newer protocols. And Yahoo may have recently made just such
        a change.

        You might write down your current settings (both tabs) and try different
        settings, particularly the authentication controls.

        Sorry I can't be of any actual help, I don't have POP access to my Yahoo
        Mail.

        -- Shal