Speeding up Y-Mail

  • Chris J Brady
    Message 1 of 1 , Jul 12, 2013
      I've found out how to speed up Y-Mail - well apart from all the unnecessary calls to tracking sites even Facebook that Yahoo continually makes. I use Chrome as my default browser. I find IE8+ too buggy.

      It is the Shockwave / Flash add-on showing the Flash ads. that is so resource hungry that it slows the CPU down almost to stopping the computer entirely.

      Disabling the Shockwave / Flash add-on noticeably speeds up Y-Mail.

      There's loads of websites out there telling how to do this.

      Chris B.