Re: Neo Mail is SSSLLLOOOWWWWWWWW!!!!!

  • Kenneth
    Message 1 of 8 , Jul 9, 2013
      If you hate Purple then don't use it. Click on the gears icon at upper-right and select Themes to pick another theme. I'm using Olive. When I get tired of it, I'll select something else.

      Kenneth

      --- In Y-Mail@yahoogroups.com, Chris J Brady <chrisjbrady@...> wrote:

      > NOT IMPRESSED. AND I HATE PURPLE.

    • Donna
      Message 2 of 8 , Jul 9, 2013
        When my Classic Yahoo Mail was replaced with the Neo Mail I started with the Basic.  When I hold my mouse over the subject line, the full subject will show up without me opening the message.  I did try Fully-Featured for a while.  I could even get rid of the purple color and switched to something green that looked like the color of grass.  Fully-Featured is okay; but, it's not really an improvement over Classic.  I had to go to having the reading pane at the bottom in order to eliminate the need for clicking on tabs in order to close them.  I kept using Fully-Featured until Yahoo decided to pin the navigation bar to my browser.  I really didn't have a problem with the fact that Yahoo has the right to put its navigation bar on any of its properties.  But, I find the floating bar to be less than desirable.  The only Yahoo properties which I use is Flickr, Mail, and Groups.  I don't need the navigation bar to get to any of those places.  In order to get rid of the bar, I switched back to Basic.

        Whether a person uses Fully-Featured or Basic, it seems that there is some extra mouse clicking that needs to be done over what was needed for Classic.  Basic has pages, while Fully-Featured doesn't.   At one point, I thought that I really needed to have the little box to check all the messages.  But, when I had it on Fully-Featured, I couldn't get it to work the way I wanted. I could select 25 messages. Clicking the box again was not always effective with unchecking all of the messages.  When I tried scrolling to get a different group of 25 messages to show, instead of selecting just those messages, I would end up selecting all of the messages from the beginning through the bottom message that was showing in my browser.  At one point, it showed I had selected 257 messages.

        Basic is fine for my purposes.  I don't feel as though I made a mistake by going from Fully-Featured to Basic.

        Donna
      • Harryh
        Message 3 of 8 , Jul 9, 2013
          Beware unintended consequences in selection messages.  I was in my spam folder and was selecting messages.  In the first 25 I found two messages were not spam (not unusual).  Continuing to scroll I found more messages to be marked as spam, but they weren't checked, so I hit the check button again.  Of course, that marked the two messages that I had earlier unmarked.  Zap, gone, my bad.  So with the scroll view one can have things happen unexpectedly.

        • adeomus ********
          Message 4 of 8 , Jul 9, 2013

            -- George MacDonald

            YES, sucks sucks and sucks.

            adds

            Message 5 of 8 , Jul 9, 2013

               i tried basic first, but it didn't have everything i wanted for my groups...but i did find what you're saying..

              yahoo is copying google ?
              many clicks when one should do ????

              adds

              -- George MacDonald

              Message 6 of 8 , Jul 10, 2013
                That is not good.

                I often find genuine emails in Spam even ones to Yahoo Groups that I have sent myself as 'owner'. That's why I will never pay for Plus since they can't even get the basics right.

                And my Spam folder always has 100s of junk emails, whereas my GMail account rarely has any.

                But what I do is search Spam for genuine emails, check them and then Move them to Inbox. Then I delete what's left.

                But it is worrying that there is a bug in the check-marking process in that if an email is checked for deleting, then unchecked after second thoughts, the system still regards it as checked for deleting.

                CJB.

                Message 7 of 8 , Jul 11, 2013
                  Not a bug.  A HMI issue.  The scrolling in basic read mode (unlike search mode) only checks a 'page and 1/2 <?>' of messages.  If you continue to scroll down, you can check again to get the next 'page+1/2' marked.  But when you hit the check button, it will recheck any messages previously unchecked <words are difficult to use>.  That is not what I expected coming from a WYSIWYG world.  The check button operates on everything. So beware.  And in search mode, the check button selects all messages in the scroll list, not just a 'page + 1/2' in basic read mode.