Re: Attachments

  • FC Cindy
    Message 1 of 19 , Jul 6, 2013
      This may be silly to ask but you are opening a new email before looking for the attach box, right?

      --- In Y-Mail@yahoogroups.com, Lena@... wrote:

      > > From: <reillylady@...>
      > >
      > > I have no paper clip icon. I have no boxes next to each email
      > > listed to check to delete
      >
      > I have both in both Basic and Fullfeatured, in Firefox 22.
      > Something is wrong with your Firefox. Try to disable all extensions.
      > If that helps, enable half of them. And so on, in few steps you'll
      > hunt down the culprit.

    • Barbara
      Message 2 of 19 , Jul 6, 2013
        Thanks to all.

        No ad blocker and fully featured. :(

        Everything works using Opera but I prefer Firefox.

        Barbara

        Message 3 of 19 , Jul 6, 2013
          > From: "FC Cindy" <freecycles4life@...>

          > This may be silly to ask but you are opening a new email before looking for the attach box, right?

          Please make screenshots in Opera and Firefox and upload them to Flickr
          or somewhere.
        • Barbara
          Message 4 of 19 , Jul 6, 2013
            Yes, I am opening a new email before trying to attach.  The new Mail is just a pain.  Period.   Since I pay for Yahoo, I should be able to choose to keep and use Classic Mail which I was happy with.

            This may be silly to ask but you are opening a new email before looking for the attach box, right?

            --- In Y-Mail@yahoogroups.com, Lena@... wrote:

            > > From: <reillylady@...>
            > >
            > > I have no paper clip icon. I have no boxes next to each email
            > > listed to check to delete
            >
            > I have both in both Basic and Fullfeatured, in Firefox 22.
            > Something is wrong with your Firefox. Try to disable all extensions.
            > If that helps, enable half of them. And so on, in few steps you'll
            > hunt down the culprit.

          • Sasafrass452

              This may be silly to ask but you are opening a new email before looking for the attach box, right?

              --- In Y-Mail@yahoogroups.com, Lena@... wrote:

              > > From: <reillylady@...>
              > >
              > > I have no paper clip icon. I have no boxes next to each email
              > > listed to check to delete
              >
              > I have both in both Basic and Fullfeatured, in Firefox 22.
              > Something is wrong with your Firefox. Try to disable all extensions.
              > If that helps, enable half of them. And so on, in few steps you'll
              > hunt down the culprit.

            • Gene Ehrich
              Message 6 of 19 , Jul 13, 2013
                I am using latest release of Eudora and Yahoo Pop mail. I am logged into Yahoo.

                When I hit the get mail button in Eudora I get a message in Eudora
                error area that tells me:

                Please verify your account by going to https://login.yahoo.com

                Once I do that I can go back and get pop mail in Eudora.

                From that point on I can download the pop mail a number of times for
                a while maybe 20 to 30 minutes and finally get the same message
                again. and start all over.

                I hadn't been logged out but still logged in to Yahoo all the time.

                Driving me crazy.

                Thoughts
              • lena_kiev
                Message 7 of 19 , Jul 13, 2013
                  > From: Gene Ehrich <ygehrich@...>

                  > I am using latest release of Eudora and Yahoo Pop mail. I am logged into Yahoo.
                  > When I hit the get mail button in Eudora I get a message in Eudora
                  > error area that tells me:
                  >
                  > Please verify your account by going to https://login.yahoo.com
                  >
                  > Once I do that I can go back and get pop mail in Eudora.
                  > From that point on I can download the pop mail a number of times for
                  > a while maybe 20 to 30 minutes and finally get the same message
                  > again. and start all over.
                  > I hadn't been logged out but still logged in to Yahoo all the time.
                  > Driving me crazy.
                  > Thoughts

                  Just after successful getting mail, go to http://myipaddress.com
                  and write down your current IP-address. When you see that error
                  message again, refresh that webpage and check whether your IP-address changed.
                  If it changed then it's your ISP who does that, possibly depending on
                  settings of router or cable modem - set it up for continuous/persistent
                  connection instead of "on demand" or such.

                  Try to switch in Eudora from POP3 to IMAP, secure/encrypted connection
                  (TLS/SSL), port 993.
                  If IMAP works for you then you can stop paying for Mail Plus.