Re: [Y-Mail] Re: Attachments

  • Sasafrass452
    Message 1 of 19 , Jul 4, 2013
      To add attachments, click on the paperclip icon.

      **Sasafrass452**
      http://www.friendburst.com/Sasafrass452
      http://thexfactorusa.proboards.com
      On 07/04/2013 12:00 PM, reillylady wrote:

      Upgraded Firefox as recommended, new Yahoo! Mail and still nothing but problems. Why???????????????????

      How do I add attachments to an email?

      Thanks.

      Barbara

    • FC Cindy
      Message 2 of 19 , Jul 5, 2013
        I've given up on sending my attachment. I was trying to send a .7zip file as I do frequently but I get an error every time now. Had to use a different email. Documents attach fine though.

        --- In Y-Mail@yahoogroups.com, Sasafrass452 <Sasafrass452@...> wrote:

        > To add attachments, click on the paperclip icon.
        >

        > **Sasafrass452**
        > http://www.friendburst.com/Sasafrass452
        > http://thexfactorusa.proboards.com
        >
        > On 07/04/2013 12:00 PM, reillylady wrote:
        > >

        > > Upgraded Firefox as recommended, new Yahoo! Mail and still nothing but
        > > problems. Why???????????????????
        > >
        > > How do I add attachments to an email?
        > >
        > > Thanks.
        > >
        > > Barbara

      • reillylady
        Message 3 of 19 , Jul 5, 2013
          I have no paper clip icon. I have no boxes next to each email listed to check to delete, etc. I am missing many of the needed icons using Firefox. I have to use Opera to see the page complete but I keep getting a message from Yahoo--after each email I check that I need to update.

          And I pay for this service!!!
          Thanks,

          Barbara

          --- In Y-Mail@yahoogroups.com, Sasafrass452 <Sasafrass452@...> wrote:

          > To add attachments, click on the paperclip icon.
          >

          > **Sasafrass452**
          > http://www.friendburst.com/Sasafrass452
          > http://thexfactorusa.proboards.com
          >
          > On 07/04/2013 12:00 PM, reillylady wrote:
          > >

          > > Upgraded Firefox as recommended, new Yahoo! Mail and still nothing but
          > > problems. Why???????????????????
          > >
          > > How do I add attachments to an email?
          > >
          > > Thanks.
          > >
          > > Barbara

        • Sasafrass452
          Message 4 of 19 , Jul 5, 2013
            By any chance, are you using an ad blocker in Firefox? That might explain it....

            On 07/05/2013 12:36 PM, reillylady wrote:

            I have no paper clip icon. I have no boxes next to each email listed to check to delete, etc. I am missing many of the needed icons using Firefox. I have to use Opera to see the page complete but I keep getting a message from Yahoo--after each email I check that I need to update.

            And I pay for this service!!!
            Thanks,

            Barbara

            --- In Y-Mail@yahoogroups.com, Sasafrass452 <Sasafrass452@...> wrote:

            > To add attachments, click on the paperclip icon.
            >

            > **Sasafrass452**
            > http://www.friendburst.com/Sasafrass452
            > http://thexfactorusa.proboards.com
            >
            > On 07/04/2013 12:00 PM, reillylady wrote:
            > >

            > > Upgraded Firefox as recommended, new Yahoo! Mail and still nothing but
            > > problems. Why???????????????????
            > >
            > > How do I add attachments to an email?
            > >
            > > Thanks.
            > >
            > > Barbara

          • lena_kiev
            Message 5 of 19 , Jul 5, 2013
              > From: <reillylady@...>
              >
              > I have no paper clip icon. I have no boxes next to each email
              > listed to check to delete

              I have both in both Basic and Fullfeatured, in Firefox 22.
              Something is wrong with your Firefox. Try to disable all extensions.
              If that helps, enable half of them. And so on, in few steps you'll
              hunt down the culprit.
            • Kenneth
              Message 6 of 19 , Jul 5, 2013
                Barbara,

                Go to your Yahoo! Mail options and make sure that the "full-featured" option is enabled.  The "basic" flavor of Yahoo! Mail is missing capabilities that many people consider to be basic so they  mistakenly believe that "basic" is all they need.  Full-featured allows multiple email selection, auto-complete, etc.

                So if you're using the basic interface, which it appears that you are, then the option to switch to the full-featured flavor is at Mail Options, Advanced Options -> Mail Accounts.  It's at the bottom of that page.  Or you can just click on the "Switch to the newest Yahoo! Mail" link that appears at the top of every page in Basic view.

                Kenneth

                I have no paper clip icon. I have no boxes next to each email listed to check to delete, etc. I am missing many of the needed icons using Firefox. I have to use Opera to see the page complete but I keep getting a message from Yahoo--after each email I check that I need to update.

                And I pay for this service!!!
                Thanks,

                Barbara

                --- In Y-Mail@yahoogroups.com, Sasafrass452 <Sasafrass452@...> wrote:

                > To add attachments, click on the paperclip icon.
                >

                > **Sasafrass452**
                > http://www.friendburst.com/Sasafrass452
                > http://thexfactorusa.proboards.com
                >
                > On 07/04/2013 12:00 PM, reillylady wrote:
                > >

                > > Upgraded Firefox as recommended, new Yahoo! Mail and still nothing but
                > > problems. Why???????????????????
                > >
                > > How do I add attachments to an email?
                > >
                > > Thanks.
                > >
                > > Barbara

              • FC Cindy
                Message 7 of 19 , Jul 6, 2013
                  This may be silly to ask but you are opening a new email before looking for the attach box, right?

                  --- In Y-Mail@yahoogroups.com, Lena@... wrote:

                  > > From: <reillylady@...>
                  > >
                  > > I have no paper clip icon. I have no boxes next to each email
                  > > listed to check to delete
                  >
                  > I have both in both Basic and Fullfeatured, in Firefox 22.
                  > Something is wrong with your Firefox. Try to disable all extensions.
                  > If that helps, enable half of them. And so on, in few steps you'll
                  > hunt down the culprit.

                • Barbara
                  Message 8 of 19 , Jul 6, 2013
                    Thanks to all.

                    No ad blocker and fully featured. :(

                    Everything works using Opera but I prefer Firefox.

                    Barbara

                    Go to your Yahoo! Mail options and make sure that the "full-featured" option is enabled.  The "basic" flavor of Yahoo! Mail is missing capabilities that many people consider to be basic so they  mistakenly believe that "basic" is all they need.  Full-featured allows multiple email selection, auto-complete, etc.

                    So if you're using the basic interface, which it appears that you are, then the option to switch to the full-featured flavor is at Mail Options, Advanced Options -> Mail Accounts.  It's at the bottom of that page.  Or you can just click on the "Switch to the newest Yahoo! Mail" link that appears at the top of every page in Basic view.

                    Kenneth

                    I have no paper clip icon. I have no boxes next to each email listed to check to delete, etc. I am missing many of the needed icons using Firefox. I have to use Opera to see the page complete but I keep getting a message from Yahoo--after each email I check that I need to update.

                    And I pay for this service!!!
                    Thanks,

                    Barbara

                    --- In Y-Mail@yahoogroups.com, Sasafrass452 <Sasafrass452@...> wrote:

                    > To add attachments, click on the paperclip icon.
                    >

                    > **Sasafrass452**
                    > http://www.friendburst.com/Sasafrass452
                    > http://thexfactorusa.proboards.com
                    >
                    > On 07/04/2013 12:00 PM, reillylady wrote:
                    > >

                    > > Upgraded Firefox as recommended, new Yahoo! Mail and still nothing but
                    > > problems. Why???????????????????
                    > >
                    > > How do I add attachments to an email?
                    > >
                    > > Thanks.
                    > >
                    > > Barbara

                  • lena_kiev
                    Message 9 of 19 , Jul 6, 2013
                      > From: "FC Cindy" <freecycles4life@...>

                      > This may be silly to ask but you are opening a new email before looking for the attach box, right?

                      Please make screenshots in Opera and Firefox and upload them to Flickr
                      or somewhere.
                    • Barbara
                      Message 10 of 19 , Jul 6, 2013
                        Yes, I am opening a new email before trying to attach.  The new Mail is just a pain.  Period.   Since I pay for Yahoo, I should be able to choose to keep and use Classic Mail which I was happy with.

                        This may be silly to ask but you are opening a new email before looking for the attach box, right?

                        --- In Y-Mail@yahoogroups.com, Lena@... wrote:

                        > > From: <reillylady@...>
                        > >
                        > > I have no paper clip icon. I have no boxes next to each email
                        > > listed to check to delete
                        >
                        > I have both in both Basic and Fullfeatured, in Firefox 22.
                        > Something is wrong with your Firefox. Try to disable all extensions.
                        > If that helps, enable half of them. And so on, in few steps you'll
                        > hunt down the culprit.

                      • Sasafrass452

                          This may be silly to ask but you are opening a new email before looking for the attach box, right?

                          --- In Y-Mail@yahoogroups.com, Lena@... wrote:

                          > > From: <reillylady@...>
                          > >
                          > > I have no paper clip icon. I have no boxes next to each email
                          > > listed to check to delete
                          >
                          > I have both in both Basic and Fullfeatured, in Firefox 22.
                          > Something is wrong with your Firefox. Try to disable all extensions.
                          > If that helps, enable half of them. And so on, in few steps you'll
                          > hunt down the culprit.

                        • Gene Ehrich
                          Message 12 of 19 , Jul 13, 2013
                            I am using latest release of Eudora and Yahoo Pop mail. I am logged into Yahoo.

                            When I hit the get mail button in Eudora I get a message in Eudora
                            error area that tells me:

                            Please verify your account by going to https://login.yahoo.com

                            Once I do that I can go back and get pop mail in Eudora.

                            From that point on I can download the pop mail a number of times for
                            a while maybe 20 to 30 minutes and finally get the same message
                            again. and start all over.

                            I hadn't been logged out but still logged in to Yahoo all the time.

                            Driving me crazy.

                            Thoughts
                          • lena_kiev
                            Message 13 of 19 , Jul 13, 2013
                              > From: Gene Ehrich <ygehrich@...>

                              > I am using latest release of Eudora and Yahoo Pop mail. I am logged into Yahoo.
                              > When I hit the get mail button in Eudora I get a message in Eudora
                              > error area that tells me:
                              >
                              > Please verify your account by going to https://login.yahoo.com
                              >
                              > Once I do that I can go back and get pop mail in Eudora.
                              > From that point on I can download the pop mail a number of times for
                              > a while maybe 20 to 30 minutes and finally get the same message
                              > again. and start all over.
                              > I hadn't been logged out but still logged in to Yahoo all the time.
                              > Driving me crazy.
                              > Thoughts

                              Just after successful getting mail, go to http://myipaddress.com
                              and write down your current IP-address. When you see that error
                              message again, refresh that webpage and check whether your IP-address changed.
                              If it changed then it's your ISP who does that, possibly depending on
                              settings of router or cable modem - set it up for continuous/persistent
                              connection instead of "on demand" or such.

                              Try to switch in Eudora from POP3 to IMAP, secure/encrypted connection
                              (TLS/SSL), port 993.
                              If IMAP works for you then you can stop paying for Mail Plus.