Re: [Y-Mail] Digest Number 3914

  • J B
    Message 1 of 1 , Jul 3, 2013

      Sent from my Nexus 7

      On Jul 3, 2013 9:58 AM, <Y-Mail@yahoogroups.com> wrote:

      12 New Messages

      Digest #3914
      1a
      New vs classic by "pduveen" pduveen
      1b
      Re: New vs classic by "Sasafrass452" sasafrass452
      2a
      Yahoo Mail Options by "Donna" djnova50

      Messages

      Tue Jul 2, 2013 8:47 am (PDT) . Posted by:

      "pduveen" pduveen

      I was somehow "gently guided" into adopting the new email style, even though I was perfectly satisfied with the old. Having experienced the new, I would very much hope to change back to the classic. How might I be able to do that?

      Tue Jul 2, 2013 8:50 am (PDT) . Posted by:

      "Sasafrass452" sasafrass452

      Unfortunately, it's not possible. The classic interface has been terminated.

      **Sasafrass452**
      http://www.friendburst.com/Sasafrass452
      http://thexfactorusa.proboards.com

      On 07/02/2013 10:09 AM, pduveen wrote:

      > I was somehow "gently guided" into adopting the new email style, even
      > though I was perfectly satisfied with the old. Having experienced the
      > new, I would very much hope to change back to the classic. How might I
      > be able to do that?

      Tue Jul 2, 2013 8:47 am (PDT) . Posted by:

      "Donna" djnova50

      Just now, I noticed a new change to Yahoo. I first noticed it when I went to Yahoo Mail. But, it seems to be following me around no matter where I go. There is a bar across the top of my window that Has Home, Mail, News, Sports, Finance, Weather, Games, Groups, Answers, Flicker, and More with a downward pointing arrow.

      I don't park my browser at Yahoo anymore. I don't much care for the changes. I was going to check Options to see if there was a way to change the color of that bar; but, my Yahoo Mail Options page would not load.

      When I left Yahoo Mail and to go to this group's page, I notice that the bar is still there; but, it's not as intrusive. I should probably change my Yahoo Mail theme to something that will blend with the color of the that Yahoo bar. But, if my Options page won't load, what can I do?

      Donna

      Wed Jul 3, 2013 5:27 am (PDT) . Posted by:

      "kr402" kr402

      Just now, I noticed a new change to Yahoo. I first noticed it when I
      went to
      Yahoo Mail. But, it seems to be following me around no matter where I
      go.
      There is a bar across the top of my window that Has Home, Mail, News,
      Sports,
      Finance, Weather, Games, Groups, Answers, Flicker, and More with a
      downward
      pointing arrow.

      Donna

      There's plenty complaints about the 'new search bar' at 'Yahoo! Groups
      Suggestion Board'.

      http://suggestions.yahoo.com/?prop=groups&fid=357310

      Donna, to change your Ymail theme, click on theme above options. There's
      several themes to choose from, more than the measly 8 fonts Yahoo!
      provides. I still don't understand how Yahoo! calls this mail an
      improvement when it has lest features than before.

      Wed Jul 3, 2013 5:45 am (PDT) . Posted by:

      "Kenneth" justkenneth

      I like the new bar at the top.  It's not a search bar though.

      As for there being plenty of complaints, that's always the case because there's less motivation for a user to post their approval of something.

      >________________________________

      "George Hutfilz" ghutfilz

      Yes. This has been going on for about 10 days. It appears to be a Yahoo! problem since my Verizon and AOL correspondents can reliably reach me on Yahoo!, but I cannot reliably reach them. It's a pain since it takes 24 hours to get the bounce message. I have been patiently resending messages, usually successfully, in hopes that Yahoo! gets its act together.

      George

      --- In Y-Mail@yahoogroups.com, "Bill T" <bill_t_08012@...> wrote:

      > For a while now I have had an intermittent problem with sending emails
      > to those with either AOL, Comcast, Verizon accounts. I seem to be
      > getting more of these over the past 2 weeks.
      >
      > I get bounce backs with similar messages like this:
      >
      > Sorry, we were unable to deliver your message to the following address.
      > <XXXXXX@... <mailto:XXXXXX@...> >:
      > Mail server for "verizon.net" unreachable for too long
      >
      > At first, it was just Verizon and now I am getting it on the others. At
      > first, I thought it was a Verizon problem but now suspect that this has
      > something to do with Yahoo.
      >

      > Has anyone else experienced this?
      >

      > Bill T.

      Tue Jul 2, 2013 8:48 am (PDT) . Posted by:

      "mjk4984" mjk4984

      Huh?

      For what it's worth I've tried contacting Yahoo again and they are saying it's not them; that every other ISP is broken.

      They won't respond when I say I can send 3 emails in a row and the 2nd one just vanishes and fails 24 hours later because the destination is "unreachable&quot;, yet the 3rd one made it without any issues.

      My guess is that there might be a temporary glitch that prevents Yahoo from sending the email, but Yahoo never retries (like it's supposed to) and instead just gives up and sends a notification the next day.

      --- In Y-Mail@yahoogroups.com, Kenneth <justkenneth@...> wrote:

      > Try postmaster@... rather than postmaster@...
      >

      > >________________________________

      Tue Jul 2, 2013 2:01 pm (PDT) . Posted by:

      "FC Cindy" freecycles4life

      We have had this problem for a couple of years with one of our moderators who uses a Verizon email address. I saw a thread here before and found Shal's reply (copied below) was helpful and confirmed our suspicions. Verizon will not help but if you can set up a whitelist with Verizon, you could have them whitelist your address.

      Shal's message:

      My belief is that Verizon practices "greylisting&quot; of Yahoo's servers. I hadn't heard of this being a problem for Yahoo Mail users, but it had vexed me on and off as a Yahoo Groups member with a Verizon email address -- I would fail to receive a small fraction of messages from Groups, and my bounce history would show that reason.
      <http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Greylisting>

      That said, the descriptions in this thread suggest something more intense is going on, so it may be on Yahoo's side rather than the ISP's in the current cases.

      Or, given the current intensity of the attack against Yahoo mail, and the large number of compromised accounts sending out malicious links, it could be that various ISP's anti-spam technologies are reacting more intensely and more "innocent&quot; messages are being denied delivery.

      --- In Y-Mail@yahoogroups.com, "mjk4984" <mjk4984@...> wrote:

      > Huh?
      >
      > For what it's worth I've tried contacting Yahoo again and they are saying it's not them; that every other ISP is broken.
      >
      > They won't respond when I say I can send 3 emails in a row and the 2nd one just vanishes and fails 24 hours later because the destination is "unreachable&quot;, yet the 3rd one made it without any issues.
      >
      > My guess is that there might be a temporary glitch that prevents Yahoo from sending the email, but Yahoo never retries (like it's supposed to) and instead just gives up and sends a notification the next day.
      >

      > --- In Y-Mail@yahoogroups.com, Kenneth <justkenneth@> wrote:
      > >
      > > Try postmaster@ rather than postmaster@

      (Message over 64 KB, truncated)