Re: Problems sending emails to AOL, Comcast, Verizon accounts

  • FC Cindy
    Message 1 of 9 , Jul 2, 2013
      This topic got me thinking about our problem again and I found this link where a Verizon customer can request and email address be put on their whitelist - http://my.verizon.com/micro/whitelist/ . Might help some of the problems with Verizon if they allow your request.

      --- In Y-Mail@yahoogroups.com, "mjk4984" <mjk4984@...> wrote:

      > Huh?
      >
      > For what it's worth I've tried contacting Yahoo again and they are saying it's not them; that every other ISP is broken.
      >
      > They won't respond when I say I can send 3 emails in a row and the 2nd one just vanishes and fails 24 hours later because the destination is "unreachable", yet the 3rd one made it without any issues.
      >
      > My guess is that there might be a temporary glitch that prevents Yahoo from sending the email, but Yahoo never retries (like it's supposed to) and instead just gives up and sends a notification the next day.
      >

      > --- In Y-Mail@yahoogroups.com, Kenneth <justkenneth@> wrote:
      > >
      > > Try postmaster@ rather than postmaster@
      > >

      > > >________________________________

    • Shal Farley
      Message 2 of 9 , Jul 2, 2013
        Cindy,

        > This topic got me thinking about our problem again and I found this link
        > where a Verizon customer can request and email address be put on their
        > whitelist - <http://my.verizon.com/micro/whitelist/> . Might help some of
        > the problems with Verizon if they allow your request.

        Hey, now that form is much improved since when I was a Verizon customer. Back then the form demanded the IP address of the sending server -- which was of little use to me as Yahoo Groups has over 600 outbound servers! (and the form would not accept the abbreviated /24 format).

        If enough Verizon customers request whitelisting of the yahoo.com domain that might get their attention. Even if (part of) the problem is on Yahoo's side, it will likely take getting the engineers from both sides to study their server logs together in order to figure out why Verizon is "unreachable for too long".

        -- Shal