Re: [Y-Mail] New vs classic

  • Sasafrass452
    Message 1 of 12 , Jul 2, 2013
      Unfortunately, it's not possible. The classic interface has been terminated.

      **Sasafrass452**
      http://www.friendburst.com/Sasafrass452
      http://thexfactorusa.proboards.com
      On 07/02/2013 10:09 AM, pduveen wrote:

      I was somehow "gently guided" into adopting the new email style, even though I was perfectly satisfied with the old. Having experienced the new, I would very much hope to change back to the classic. How might I be able to do that?

    • adeomus ********
      Message 2 of 12 , Jul 6, 2013
        yeah, you and me both !!!!*:( sad

        adds

        -- George MacDonald

        I was somehow "gently guided" into adopting the new email style, even though I was perfectly satisfied with the old. Having experienced the new, I would very much hope to change back to the classic. How might I be able to do that?

            Y-Mail-digest@yahoogroups.com

      • jchan212
        Message 3 of 12 , Jul 9, 2013
          I have actually made the switch to AOL Basic - which Zooms better than Gmail Basic.

          But Today I noticed that Gmail Basic actually allows for "TABBED messages" just like Yahoo Classic - Hooray!

          I hope Yahoo Employees read this messageboard, but I doubt it and its so sad - they have killed Yahoo Classic, and I think the last bit of loyal Yahoo users will desert Yahoo for good.

          But I suppose Marrissa Mayer has other things to pursue; and wants to kill off a money-losing app like e-mail.

          > yeah, you and me both !!!!
          >

          > adds
          >

          > "That is the way", he said. "But there are no stairs", I cried.
          > "You must throw yourself in", he replied. 'There is no other way. "
          >
          > -- George MacDonald

          > ________________________________

        • Shal Farley
          Message 4 of 12 , Jul 10, 2013
            jchan212,

            > But I suppose Marrissa Mayer has other things to pursue; and wants to
            > kill off a money-losing app like e-mail.

            Money losing? Not hardly. Mail is Yahoo's mainstay and the centerpiece of Mayer's "Daily habit" strategy.

            "Introducing the New Yahoo! Mail"
            <http://yodel.yahoo.com/blogs/product-news/introducing-yahoo-mail-12773.html>

            -- Shal
          • adeomus ********
            Message 5 of 12 , Jul 11, 2013

               more discoveries all the time....*8-| rolling eyes

               thought i would piggyback this... yet another annoyance...
              when am in the inbox and posts come up for moderation, it often does not include the message or the whole message like it used to...
              now i have to go to the home page to mod many of them.

              even more wasted time...the time wasted with new mail is really adding up:
              really slooooooooow for every move or to open any page,
              get windows saying "yahoo having trouble loading"...what a surprise, something that's also new....
              jittery at times so click on the wrong thing and have to correct it ( if i can find where it went to !),
              multiple clicks for simple things,
              cannot hilight whole inbox to delete if i wish to,
              cannot find a way to delete sent posts when i want to ( and they are really adding up as i co-own several groups !),
              cannot get into "files" page to view and edit all my files as i used to !!

              geeze, why does yahoo want to emulate google....some of these these are why i have no patience with my google account !
              and why classic had it all !!!!!!!!!!!

              don't get me wrong, i like new things that run faster and more efficiently.
              this does not.
              ( and yes, have been sending feedback to yahoo...including this post !)

              adds

              -- George MacDonald

              Message 6 of 12 , Jul 13, 2013
                Well, I am quitting Yahoo Mail and deleting my Yahoo Accounts.
                So I don't see how this can be a daily habit, if the new Yahoo mail is making my life more difficult. Goodbye Yahoo and Good riddance.

                I think the e-mail update backfired on Marissa Mayer BIG TIME.

                --- In Y-Mail@yahoogroups.com, Shal Farley <shal@...> wrote:

                > jchan212,
                >
                > > But I suppose Marrissa Mayer has other things to pursue; and wants to
                > > kill off a money-losing app like e-mail.
                >
                > Money losing? Not hardly. Mail is Yahoo's mainstay and the centerpiece of Mayer's "Daily habit" strategy.
                >
                > "Introducing the New Yahoo! Mail"
                > <http://yodel.yahoo.com/blogs/product-news/introducing-yahoo-mail-12773.html>
                >
                > -- Shal

              • ~mary~
                Message 7 of 12 , Jul 13, 2013
                  What email are you going to?  I have an email someone sent me that states that Yahoo reads our mail!  Ix.quick has a beta email account coming out and I signed up for it where they swear they will not read emails nor give to the Government!   uggh, I don't like Yahoo mail much either.  I am missing messages as well.  mary

                  Message 8 of 12 , Jul 20, 2013
                    I'm switching to AOL Basic. The interface and layout is cleaner. While there is no tabbed messages option, the Zoom function works better.

                    Yahoo Basic now just sucks besides the constant server hangups. When I zoom a message, I only see half the message. Talk about wasting my friggin time trying to zoom, then print full screen, to just open 1 email.

                    Yahoo Mail is just so terrible now, its like those employees just don't care, and want to see how they can create a crazy bad product that everyone just abandons. Seriously, have some integrity and do a better job, but that just seems too much to ask for or expect these days from big, dumb, slow dying companies.

                    --- In Y-Mail@yahoogroups.com, ~mary~ <mary.claire0216@...> wrote:

                    > What email are you going to?  I have an email someone sent me that states that Yahoo reads our mail!  Ix.quick has a beta email account coming out and I signed up for it where they swear they will not read emails nor give to the Government!   uggh, I don't like Yahoo mail much either.  I am missing messages as well.  mary

                  • lswig
                    Message 9 of 12 , Jul 21, 2013
                      For other email services, I am trying (in addition to Gmail and AOL): gmx.com, mail.com, outlook.com, and fastmail.fm.  The last one gives you a 2 month trial period at no charge.  If you like it there is a charge of $4.95 to $119.95 per year, depending on which plan you choose.  The more expensive plans are most likely for businesses. It is the webmail that I find most reminiscent of the old Yahoo! mail, with many options, a clean interface, and smooth functioning (so far). It has some sophisticated features that you can use or not.  But it is a sad thing to have to look for another email provider when Yahoo! was so good for so long. I wonder if the Yahoo! Board of Directors cares about the problems users are having or if they are even aware of the fact that the new email is exceedingly inferior to any prior version of Yahoo! mail.

                      If anybody is more familiar with fastmail.fm and has any comments, that would be great.

                      There is a Wikipedia comparison chart of email providers, somewhat outdated but still informative:

                      https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Comparison_of_webmail_providers

                      --- In Y-Mail@yahoogroups.com, "jchan212" wrote:

                      > I'm switching to AOL Basic. The interface and layout is cleaner. While there is no tabbed messages option, the Zoom function works better.
                      >
                      > Yahoo Basic now just sucks besides the constant server hangups. When I zoom a message, I only see half the message. Talk about wasting my friggin time trying to zoom, then print full screen, to just open 1 email.
                      >
                      > Yahoo Mail is just so terrible now, its like those employees just don't care, and want to see how they can create a crazy bad product that everyone just abandons. Seriously, have some integrity and do a better job, but that just seems too much to ask for or expect these days from big, dumb, slow dying companies.
                      >
                      > --- In Y-Mail@yahoogroups.com, ~mary~ mary.claire0216@ wrote:
                      > >
                      > > What email are you going to?  I have an email someone sent me that states that Yahoo reads our mail!  Ix.quick has a beta email account coming out and I signed up for it where they swear they will not read emails nor give to the Government!   uggh, I don't like Yahoo mail much either.  I am missing messages as well.  mary

                    • lena_kiev
                      Message 10 of 12 , Jul 22, 2013
                        > From: <lswig@...>

                        > For other email services, I am trying (in addition to Gmail and AOL):
                        > gmx.com, mail.com, outlook.com, and fastmail.fm.

                        Try also mail.yandex.com - English-language interface of a large
                        Russian free webmail service. POP3, IMAP, forwarding also are free there.
                      • Harryh
                        Message 11 of 12 , Jul 25, 2013
                          I've been a long time user of Fastmail and appreciate their unique capabilities for some functions.  I didn't use FM for high volume groups because they had storage limits, but for some things they are much better.

                          They allow alias IDs so you can decide (or spoof) and outgoing sender.  You can build filters for inbound alias IDs (or for any other need, like group IDs).  You can build block lists to kill some spammers.  Their spam filtering is as good as Gmail which is better than Yahoo (IMHO).  They allow two interfaces (ala Yahoo) - classic and new.  The new interface groups threads and assembles cross posted messages (identical body content).  It's nice to be able to watch threads ala Gmail.

                          Free accounts are available with limits, no POP but IMAP.  Paid accounts have more features (as above) and allow POP or IMAP.  Paid accounts have a mini web storage area for large documents akin to Dropbox.

                          Support is responsive.  Years ago they had a major failure but no mail was lost; it just took awhile to get the backlog cleared.  But they were responsive in announcing the issue and continue such status reporting today; it's routine to know what's going on.