Yahoo Mail Options

  • Donna
    Message 1 of 19 , Jul 2, 2013
      Just now, I noticed a new change to Yahoo. I first noticed it when I went to Yahoo Mail. But, it seems to be following me around no matter where I go. There is a bar across the top of my window that Has Home, Mail, News, Sports, Finance, Weather, Games, Groups, Answers, Flicker, and More with a downward pointing arrow.

      I don't park my browser at Yahoo anymore. I don't much care for the changes. I was going to check Options to see if there was a way to change the color of that bar; but, my Yahoo Mail Options page would not load.

      When I left Yahoo Mail and to go to this group's page, I notice that the bar is still there; but, it's not as intrusive. I should probably change my Yahoo Mail theme to something that will blend with the color of the that Yahoo bar. But, if my Options page won't load, what can I do?

      Donna
    • kr402
      Message 2 of 19 , Jul 2, 2013
        Just now, I noticed a new change to Yahoo. I first noticed it when I went to
        Yahoo Mail. But, it seems to be following me around no matter where I go.
        There is a bar across the top of my window that Has Home, Mail, News, Sports,
        Finance, Weather, Games, Groups, Answers, Flicker, and More with a downward
        pointing arrow.

        Donna

        There's plenty complaints about the 'new search bar' at 'Yahoo! Groups Suggestion Board'.

        http://suggestions.yahoo.com/?prop=groups&fid=357310

        Donna, to change your Ymail theme, click on theme above options. There's several themes to choose from, more than the measly 8 fonts Yahoo! provides. I still don't understand how Yahoo! calls this mail an improvement when it has lest features than before.
      • Kenneth
        Message 3 of 19 , Jul 3, 2013
          I like the new bar at the top.  It's not a search bar though.

          As for there being plenty of complaints, that's always the case because there's less motivation for a user to post their approval of something.

            Message 5 of 19 , Jul 3, 2013
              Kenneth,

              > As for there being plenty of complaints, that's always the case
              > because there's less motivation for a user to post their approval of
              > something.

              Exactly. And, in the case of the Suggestions board, if you like the new
              top bar there's nothing to suggest. A suggestion to keep something the
              same would seem rather silly.

              -- Shal
            • reillylady
              Message 6 of 19 , Jul 4, 2013
                Upgraded Firefox as recommended, new Yahoo! Mail and still nothing but problems. Why???????????????????

                How do I add attachments to an email?

                Thanks.

                Barbara
              • Sasafrass452
                Message 7 of 19 , Jul 4, 2013
                  To add attachments, click on the paperclip icon.

                  **Sasafrass452**
                  http://www.friendburst.com/Sasafrass452
                  http://thexfactorusa.proboards.com
                  On 07/04/2013 12:00 PM, reillylady wrote:

                  Upgraded Firefox as recommended, new Yahoo! Mail and still nothing but problems. Why???????????????????

                  How do I add attachments to an email?

                  Thanks.

                  Barbara

                • FC Cindy
                  Message 8 of 19 , Jul 5, 2013
                    I've given up on sending my attachment. I was trying to send a .7zip file as I do frequently but I get an error every time now. Had to use a different email. Documents attach fine though.

                    --- In Y-Mail@yahoogroups.com, Sasafrass452 <Sasafrass452@...> wrote:

                    > To add attachments, click on the paperclip icon.
                    >

                    > **Sasafrass452**
                    > http://www.friendburst.com/Sasafrass452
                    > http://thexfactorusa.proboards.com
                    >
                    > On 07/04/2013 12:00 PM, reillylady wrote:
                    > >

                    > > Upgraded Firefox as recommended, new Yahoo! Mail and still nothing but
                    > > problems. Why???????????????????
                    > >
                    > > How do I add attachments to an email?
                    > >
                    > > Thanks.
                    > >
                    > > Barbara

                  • reillylady
                    Message 9 of 19 , Jul 5, 2013
                      I have no paper clip icon. I have no boxes next to each email listed to check to delete, etc. I am missing many of the needed icons using Firefox. I have to use Opera to see the page complete but I keep getting a message from Yahoo--after each email I check that I need to update.

                      And I pay for this service!!!
                      Thanks,

                      Barbara

                      --- In Y-Mail@yahoogroups.com, Sasafrass452 <Sasafrass452@...> wrote:

                      > To add attachments, click on the paperclip icon.
                      >

                      > **Sasafrass452**
                      > http://www.friendburst.com/Sasafrass452
                      > http://thexfactorusa.proboards.com
                      >
                      > On 07/04/2013 12:00 PM, reillylady wrote:
                      > >

                      > > Upgraded Firefox as recommended, new Yahoo! Mail and still nothing but
                      > > problems. Why???????????????????
                      > >
                      > > How do I add attachments to an email?
                      > >
                      > > Thanks.
                      > >
                      > > Barbara

                    • Sasafrass452
                      Message 10 of 19 , Jul 5, 2013
                        By any chance, are you using an ad blocker in Firefox? That might explain it....

                        On 07/05/2013 12:36 PM, reillylady wrote:

                        I have no paper clip icon. I have no boxes next to each email listed to check to delete, etc. I am missing many of the needed icons using Firefox. I have to use Opera to see the page complete but I keep getting a message from Yahoo--after each email I check that I need to update.

                        And I pay for this service!!!
                        Thanks,

                        Barbara

                        --- In Y-Mail@yahoogroups.com, Sasafrass452 <Sasafrass452@...> wrote:

                        > To add attachments, click on the paperclip icon.
                        >

                        > **Sasafrass452**
                        > http://www.friendburst.com/Sasafrass452
                        > http://thexfactorusa.proboards.com
                        >
                        > On 07/04/2013 12:00 PM, reillylady wrote:
                        > >

                        > > Upgraded Firefox as recommended, new Yahoo! Mail and still nothing but
                        > > problems. Why???????????????????
                        > >
                        > > How do I add attachments to an email?
                        > >
                        > > Thanks.
                        > >
                        > > Barbara

                      • lena_kiev
                        Message 11 of 19 , Jul 5, 2013
                          > From: <reillylady@...>
                          >
                          > I have no paper clip icon. I have no boxes next to each email
                          > listed to check to delete

                          I have both in both Basic and Fullfeatured, in Firefox 22.
                          Something is wrong with your Firefox. Try to disable all extensions.
                          If that helps, enable half of them. And so on, in few steps you'll
                          hunt down the culprit.
                        • Kenneth
                          Message 12 of 19 , Jul 5, 2013
                            Barbara,

                            Go to your Yahoo! Mail options and make sure that the "full-featured" option is enabled.  The "basic" flavor of Yahoo! Mail is missing capabilities that many people consider to be basic so they  mistakenly believe that "basic" is all they need.  Full-featured allows multiple email selection, auto-complete, etc.

                            So if you're using the basic interface, which it appears that you are, then the option to switch to the full-featured flavor is at Mail Options, Advanced Options -> Mail Accounts.  It's at the bottom of that page.  Or you can just click on the "Switch to the newest Yahoo! Mail" link that appears at the top of every page in Basic view.

                            Kenneth

                            I have no paper clip icon. I have no boxes next to each email listed to check to delete, etc. I am missing many of the needed icons using Firefox. I have to use Opera to see the page complete but I keep getting a message from Yahoo--after each email I check that I need to update.

                            And I pay for this service!!!
                            Thanks,

                            Barbara

                            --- In Y-Mail@yahoogroups.com, Sasafrass452 <Sasafrass452@...> wrote:

                            > To add attachments, click on the paperclip icon.
                            >

                            > **Sasafrass452**
                            > http://www.friendburst.com/Sasafrass452
                            > http://thexfactorusa.proboards.com
                            >
                            > On 07/04/2013 12:00 PM, reillylady wrote:
                            > >

                            > > Upgraded Firefox as recommended, new Yahoo! Mail and still nothing but
                            > > problems. Why???????????????????
                            > >
                            > > How do I add attachments to an email?
                            > >
                            > > Thanks.
                            > >
                            > > Barbara

                          • FC Cindy
                            Message 13 of 19 , Jul 6, 2013
                              This may be silly to ask but you are opening a new email before looking for the attach box, right?

                              --- In Y-Mail@yahoogroups.com, Lena@... wrote:

                              > > From: <reillylady@...>
                              > >
                              > > I have no paper clip icon. I have no boxes next to each email
                              > > listed to check to delete
                              >
                              > I have both in both Basic and Fullfeatured, in Firefox 22.
                              > Something is wrong with your Firefox. Try to disable all extensions.
                              > If that helps, enable half of them. And so on, in few steps you'll
                              > hunt down the culprit.

                            • Barbara
                              Message 14 of 19 , Jul 6, 2013
                                Thanks to all.

                                No ad blocker and fully featured. :(

                                Everything works using Opera but I prefer Firefox.

                                Barbara

                                Go to your Yahoo! Mail options and make sure that the "full-featured" option is enabled.  The "basic" flavor of Yahoo! Mail is missing capabilities that many people consider to be basic so they  mistakenly believe that "basic" is all they need.  Full-featured allows multiple email selection, auto-complete, etc.

                                So if you're using the basic interface, which it appears that you are, then the option to switch to the full-featured flavor is at Mail Options, Advanced Options -> Mail Accounts.  It's at the bottom of that page.  Or you can just click on the "Switch to the newest Yahoo! Mail" link that appears at the top of every page in Basic view.

                                Kenneth

                                I have no paper clip icon. I have no boxes next to each email listed to check to delete, etc. I am missing many of the needed icons using Firefox. I have to use Opera to see the page complete but I keep getting a message from Yahoo--after each email I check that I need to update.

                                And I pay for this service!!!
                                Thanks,

                                Barbara

                                --- In Y-Mail@yahoogroups.com, Sasafrass452 <Sasafrass452@...> wrote:

                                > To add attachments, click on the paperclip icon.
                                >

                                > **Sasafrass452**
                                > http://www.friendburst.com/Sasafrass452
                                > http://thexfactorusa.proboards.com
                                >
                                > On 07/04/2013 12:00 PM, reillylady wrote:
                                > >

                                > > Upgraded Firefox as recommended, new Yahoo! Mail and still nothing but
                                > > problems. Why???????????????????
                                > >
                                > > How do I add attachments to an email?
                                > >
                                > > Thanks.
                                > >
                                > > Barbara

                              • lena_kiev
                                Message 15 of 19 , Jul 6, 2013
                                  > From: "FC Cindy" <freecycles4life@...>

                                  > This may be silly to ask but you are opening a new email before looking for the attach box, right?

                                  Please make screenshots in Opera and Firefox and upload them to Flickr
                                  or somewhere.
                                • Barbara
                                  Message 16 of 19 , Jul 6, 2013
                                    Yes, I am opening a new email before trying to attach.  The new Mail is just a pain.  Period.   Since I pay for Yahoo, I should be able to choose to keep and use Classic Mail which I was happy with.

                                    This may be silly to ask but you are opening a new email before looking for the attach box, right?

                                    --- In Y-Mail@yahoogroups.com, Lena@... wrote:

                                    > > From: <reillylady@...>
                                    > >
                                    > > I have no paper clip icon. I have no boxes next to each email
                                    > > listed to check to delete
                                    >
                                    > I have both in both Basic and Fullfeatured, in Firefox 22.
                                    > Something is wrong with your Firefox. Try to disable all extensions.
                                    > If that helps, enable half of them. And so on, in few steps you'll
                                    > hunt down the culprit.

                                  • Sasafrass452

                                      This may be silly to ask but you are opening a new email before looking for the attach box, right?

                                      --- In Y-Mail@yahoogroups.com, Lena@... wrote:

                                      > > From: <reillylady@...>
                                      > >
                                      > > I have no paper clip icon. I have no boxes next to each email
                                      > > listed to check to delete
                                      >
                                      > I have both in both Basic and Fullfeatured, in Firefox 22.
                                      > Something is wrong with your Firefox. Try to disable all extensions.
                                      > If that helps, enable half of them. And so on, in few steps you'll
                                      > hunt down the culprit.

                                    • Gene Ehrich
                                      Message 18 of 19 , Jul 13, 2013
                                        I am using latest release of Eudora and Yahoo Pop mail. I am logged into Yahoo.

                                        When I hit the get mail button in Eudora I get a message in Eudora
                                        error area that tells me:

                                        Please verify your account by going to https://login.yahoo.com

                                        Once I do that I can go back and get pop mail in Eudora.

                                        From that point on I can download the pop mail a number of times for
                                        a while maybe 20 to 30 minutes and finally get the same message
                                        again. and start all over.

                                        I hadn't been logged out but still logged in to Yahoo all the time.

                                        Driving me crazy.

                                        Thoughts
                                      • lena_kiev
                                        Message 19 of 19 , Jul 13, 2013
                                          > From: Gene Ehrich <ygehrich@...>

                                          > I am using latest release of Eudora and Yahoo Pop mail. I am logged into Yahoo.
                                          > When I hit the get mail button in Eudora I get a message in Eudora
                                          > error area that tells me:
                                          >
                                          > Please verify your account by going to https://login.yahoo.com
                                          >
                                          > Once I do that I can go back and get pop mail in Eudora.
                                          > From that point on I can download the pop mail a number of times for
                                          > a while maybe 20 to 30 minutes and finally get the same message
                                          > again. and start all over.
                                          > I hadn't been logged out but still logged in to Yahoo all the time.
                                          > Driving me crazy.
                                          > Thoughts

                                          Just after successful getting mail, go to http://myipaddress.com
                                          and write down your current IP-address. When you see that error
                                          message again, refresh that webpage and check whether your IP-address changed.
                                          If it changed then it's your ISP who does that, possibly depending on
                                          settings of router or cable modem - set it up for continuous/persistent
                                          connection instead of "on demand" or such.

                                          Try to switch in Eudora from POP3 to IMAP, secure/encrypted connection
                                          (TLS/SSL), port 993.
                                          If IMAP works for you then you can stop paying for Mail Plus.