Re: [Y-Mail] Too Many versions of Y-Mail

  • Bruce Lund
    Message 1 of 20 , Jun 30, 2013
      Somebody explain this one to me. The attached email was sent by me, from a Yahoo email address, to a Yahoo group about Yahoo mail and my Yahoo mail service put it in the spam folder. And that is with Yahoo's SpamGuard turned off. SMH!

      On the upside, the search feature that had not been working in Classic which I assumed had been disabled is now up and working again. Yeah (for now)!

      Bruce Lund

      From: Kenneth <justkenneth@...>
      To: "Y-Mail@yahoogroups.com" <Y-Mail@yahoogroups.com>
      Date: Saturday, June 22, 2013, 4:33 PM

      It's not a design flaw.  Rather it's a design decision that allows users to have more than one email open at a time.

      So clicking on Inbox only means that you want to see your Inbox.  Potentially someone might want to open an additional email for some reason, perhaps to compare with the first email.  Whatever emails you open from the inbox are opened and available in separate tabs.  To close an email, mouse over the tab for that email and click the little x.

      Note that if you're viewing an email and select to view the next or previous email via the up or down arrows, only the currently viewed email remains open.  The others are closed.  Separate tabs for each opened email is only accomplished by selecting the email from the inbox.

      Message 2 of 20 , Jun 30, 2013
        Bruce,

        I currently don't see any options in Yahoo! Mail to turn off SpamGuard.  The only options I see relating to spam are in regards to how often to empty the Spam folder and how or whether to display images in emails.

        Kenneth