Maddening Yahoo

  • Gene Ehrich
    Message 1 of 2 , Jun 29, 2013
      I have been having a continued problem with Yahoo Passwords & Yahoo
      Groups as a result. once in a while I get a break and problem goes
      away for a few days.

      I am the owner of 40 Yahoo Groups and use Yahoo Pop mail.

      My e-mail program is the latest release of Eudora which is a
      wonderful all inclusive e-mail program. I am on release 7.1

      I check mail about ten times per day and I get mail from 4 different
      ISPs with each check but I now have to change Yahoo Pop Mail password
      almost every time I check mail or it says invalid password. It
      usually gives me about fifteen minutes before it tells me invalid
      password again..So I go to Yahoo and change my Yahoo password almost
      every time I I am going to get mail. I then go to Eudora and forget
      Yahoo password and create a new password in Eudora for Yahoo Pop
      Mail. That matches change I made in Yahoo itself . I have no problem
      getting e-mail from the other ISPs.

      I had a system set up where my password scheme was easy just changing
      one or two digits in the password. Yahoo has a new password scheme
      where your new password cannot look anything like your previous
      password. They keep making it harder and harder.

      I complained to Yahoo in the past and they said I had to reinstall
      Eudora which did on one of my two machines but I still have the same
      problem on both.

      This is maddening. The problem is obviously in Yahoo and not in Eudora.
    • Thomas Sisson
      Message 2 of 2 , Jul 8, 2013

        Eudora is an old program that has security issues and has not been updated to keep up with changes. Even if you changed to Eudora OSE, it is not being updated anymore, so it has the same issues in addition to those inherited from older versions of Thunderbird on which it is based. I suggest moving to a new email program.

        If you are using Eudora 8 or Eudora OSE, you can simply rename your profile folder (not the program folder) from Eudora to Thunderbird, install the latest version of Thunderbird, and start Thunderbird. It will use your existing preferences and check your installed add-ons. You then uninstall Eudora.

        If you are using an older version of Eudora, Thunderbird can still import your accounts, email, address books, and possibly your filters. It won't be Eudora, but you will have fewer problems and Thunderbird is fairly easy to use.

        Thunderbird is not the only one out there, but it is free, can be installed on virtually any operating system, and is being kept up-to-date.

        Tom