New account cell # issue

  • Cindy Cozad-Rudinger
    Message 1 of 5 , Jun 28, 2013
      I have an acquaintance who is in a Yahoogroup, but does not have a Yahoo email account. She wants to access the group's files section, so is trying to get a Yahoo account. Unfortunately, so far, she cannot get past the cell phone question page. She has entered her cell #, but gets a message saying that it is not valid. Is there a work-around entering a cell #? If no, what can she do?

      Cindy in Ohio
      Melanie, CD, CGC...Border Collie mix

      http://thenormandogproject.blogspot.com/
      http://cynthiasword.wordpress.com/
    • lena_kiev
      Message 2 of 5 , Jun 29, 2013
        > I have an acquaintance who is in a Yahoogroup, but does not have a
        > Yahoo email account. She wants to access the group's files section,
        > so is trying to get a Yahoo account. Unfortunately, so far, she
        > cannot get past the cell phone question page. She has entered her
        > cell #, but gets a message saying that it is not valid. Is there a
        > work-around entering a cell #?

        Is a phone number really required? Perhaps she just didn't notice
        how not to enter it at all.
        If it's now really required then she can pretend that she is in
        Russia, postal code 127000. Russia isn't in the list of countries
        where yahoo can SMS to.
      • Kenneth
        Message 3 of 5 , Jun 29, 2013
          Cindy,

          I just tried creating a new account since it's been a while since I've done so and you asked about the phone number.

          The bottom of that first page asks for a mobile phone number and/or an alternate email address but it doesn't say you have to provide either one.  I just left those fields blank and clicked "Create my account" and it took me to the next page where you enter your secret questions and answers.

          So tell your acquaintance just to leave the phone number field blank.  It doesn't appear to be required.

          Kenneth

            From: Cindy Cozad-Rudinger <zadrud1@...>

          • adeomus ********
            Message 5 of 5 , Jun 30, 2013