logging in to Yahoo Mail

  • Donna
    Message 1 of 4 , Jun 25, 2013
      Periodically, I need to log in to Yahoo Mail. After I enter my password, I am taken to a page that asks me for my cell phone number in order to have immediate help. The only option for me is to click "ask me later" since, I do not have a cell phone. Even when I had a cell phone, I would not give out my number except to my friends.

      Lately, every time I log in, I am asked to give my cell phone number or the other option to have Yahoo ask me later. I do not plan to get another cell phone. Shouldn't there be an option to select "I do not have a cell phone" so that Yahoo will skip this page?

      Donna
    • Chris J Brady
      Message 2 of 4 , Jun 25, 2013
        Gmail is worse. I tried to login on a foreign computer for Gmail and Google groups. It wanted my cell no. to add to my profile. I refused. I don't let anyone have my cell phone no. unless I trust them. I went round in circles. Every time I tried to access Gmail and Groups without a cell no. it refused. It wanted to text me a secret access code. And I don't have a land-line although texting to landlines is impossible anyway. So I gave up. Talk about putting barriers in front of accessing services, like those damned capchas. But this was crazy. CJB.

        Periodically, I need to log in to Yahoo Mail. After I enter my password, I am taken to a page that asks me for my cell phone number in order to have immediate help. The only option for me is to click "ask me later" since, I do not have a cell phone. Even when I had a cell phone, I would not give out my number except to my friends.

        Lately, every time I log in, I am asked to give my cell phone number or the other option to have Yahoo ask me later. I do not plan to get another cell phone. Shouldn't there be an option to select "I do not have a cell phone" so that Yahoo will skip this page?

        Donna

      • lena_kiev
        Message 3 of 4 , Jun 25, 2013
          > From: Chris J Brady <chrisjbrady@...>
          >
          > Gmail is worse. I tried to login on a foreign computer for Gmail and
          > Google groups. It wanted my cell no. to add to my profile. I
          > refused. I don't let anyone have my cell phone no. unless I trust
          > them. I went round in circles. Every time I tried to access Gmail
          > and Groups without a cell no. it refused. It wanted to text me a
          > secret access code.

          It's why so very few stolen passwords are used for spamming via Gmail.
          To steal gmail passwords from trojaned Windowses is as easy as to steal
          yahoo passwords. But using stolen passwords is more difficult on Gmail.
        • adeomus ********
          Message 4 of 4 , Jun 25, 2013

             i agree...i don't give out my cell number !!\

            adds

            -- George MacDonald