Re: Selecting All Mails from folder

  • FC Cindy
    Message 1 of 8 , Jun 24, 2013
      Yes. Full featured. Now you have me wondering. Does it select all in Basic?

      --- In Y-Mail@yahoogroups.com, Kenneth <justkenneth@...> wrote:

      > Are you using the full featured option for Yahoo! Mail?  I am and I too am noticing problems in the effectivity of the email selection drop-down.
      >
      > All of the selections (all, none, unread, etc.) seem to only get applied to those emails that are in the currently displayed scrollable view or perhaps just a few emails beyond those currently displayed.  If you select all and then scroll down, you'll find that not all are selected.  Likewise, if you manage to select all and then scroll back to the top and select none, they don't all get unchecked.
      >
      > Prior versions, even those that would display all emails at once rather than page by page, had no problems with this functionality.
      >
      > Kenneth

    • Harryh
      Message 2 of 8 , Jun 24, 2013
        Ah, the scrolling feature is most interesting.  With a folder (or inbox) selected, checking the box results in a 'page full' (maybe a bit more than a screen full) selected; however, if you start scrolling repeatedly and THEN check the selection box, a lot more will get selected (but not all, thank you).  Observe that page-up/page-down deselects the selection; so after scrolling be careful not to try to page-up to get to the top.

        But if the messages are a result of a search operation, be careful.  A selection here results in ALL messages meeting the search criteria being selected!  And observe that page-up/down doesn't affect the selection.

        The guy who designed this operation must have missed some HMI classes.  Back in the paged view display, you got pretty much what you'd expect when you did a mass selection whether working in a folder or via a search.  I'm sure that the touch-Win8 world must be facing similar issues.