Re: Yahoo mail doesn't send mail to gmail accounts and hotmail account

  • FC Cindy
    Message 1 of 13 , Jun 24 5:56 AM
      Not sure if this is ok to put onlist but we have a moderator with a verizon address as Shal mentions and she's had problems all along. Have you, Shal, or anyone else been able to find a fix?

      --- In Y-Mail@yahoogroups.com, Shal Farley <shal@...> wrote:

      > Karen,
      >
      > > Sorry, we were unable to deliver your message to the following address.
      > >
      > > <... @ verizon.net>:
      > > Mail server for "verizon.net" unreachable for too long
      >
      > Oh, that one.
      >
      > My belief is that Verizon practices "greylisting" of Yahoo's servers. I hadn't heard of this being a problem for Yahoo Mail users, but it had vexed me on and off as a Yahoo Groups member with a Verizon email address -- I would fail to receive a small fraction of messages from Groups, and my bounce history would show that reason.
      > <http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Greylisting>
      >
      > That said, the descriptions in this thread suggest something more intense is going on, so it may be on Yahoo's side rather than the ISP's in the current cases.
      >
      > Or, given the current intensity of the attack against Yahoo mail, and the large number of compromised accounts sending out malicious links, it could be that various ISP's anti-spam technologies are reacting more intensely and more "innocent" messages are being denied delivery.
      >
      > -- Shal

    • Shal Farley
      Message 2 of 13 , Jun 24 10:18 AM
        Cindy,

        I never did find a cure. But I didn't work on it too intensely as it
        only caused me to miss one message every couple weeks. Eventually I
        switched ISPs (for other reasons) and haven't had any missing messages
        since.

        -- Shal

        Message 3 of 13 , Jun 24 2:53 PM
          Thanks. Trying to get her to switch ;)