Yahoo mail doesn't send mail to gmail accounts and hotmail account

  • Bobby
    Message 1 of 13 , Jun 20, 2013
      A client told me he hadn't received an email he was expecting from me although I had sent it about 5 hours before.
      I tried sending emails with 3 Yahoo accounts I have, to: 1 yahoo account, 2 hotmail accounts, 2 Gmail accounts and my website account.

      1 hotmail account received the mail, the yahoo account and the website account received the email, but both Gmail accounts and 1 hotmail account didn't receive the email. I have repeated this various times in the last 4 hours and I can't find a fix. And finally when I tried to send the email to the7 accounts together Yahoo froze one of my yahoo accounts due to "suspicious activity".

      Is Yahoo so f...up that when one tries to fix it it doesn't let you.

      Has this happened to anyone else lately? How do you fix it?
    • Chris J Brady
      Message 2 of 13 , Jun 21, 2013
        I just forwarded the below to my Gmail account. It arrived within seconds - untainted.

        The only problem I've had with Yahoo Mail is that if a URL like

        http//www [dot] mediafire [dot] com [slash] xyz

        is included then it rejects the email entirely.

        I use MediaFire for cloud sharing work and hobby documents.

        Its a pain having to hide the URLs by using TinyURL

        MediaFire were not happy when I reported this.

        CJB.

        Message 3 of 13 , Jun 21, 2013
          > From: "Bobby" <rpmongard@...>

          > Gmail accounts and 1 hotmail account didn't receive the email.

          Did you check in the "Spam" folders?
        • George Hutfilz
          Message 4 of 13 , Jun 21, 2013
            Yahoo appears to be having serious problems with their mail servers. Beginning Tuesday, I have had numerous e-mails to common domains like aol.com and verizon.net bounced by Yahoo as undeliverable 24 hours later. In each case it was the larger messages with attachments that never got out of Yahoo to the rest of the world. I went to my sent file and forwarded the messages, and, so far, it appears they have been delivered.

            This is yet another symptom of the mail server problems that have been with us all this year. The servers simply do not seem able to handle the load; the "retry" message is a constant, uninvited friend. And deleted messages in the full-featured interface don't get deleted when the interface code gets ahead of the servers and communications are discarded.

            This is a Yahoo issue, not an Internet one as customer care pretends to blame. My Verizon FiOS service is screaming fast. Evidently Ms. Mayer is going cheap on us with the back end capacity.

            George

            Message 5 of 13 , Jun 21, 2013
              > From: "George Hutfilz" <ghutfilz@...>

              > Beginning Tuesday, I have had numerous e-mails to common domains
              > like aol.com and verizon.net bounced by Yahoo as undeliverable
              > 24 hours later.

              Please quote/forward here the bounce message.
            • Bobby
              Message 6 of 13 , Jun 21, 2013
                --- In Y-Mail@yahoogroups.com, "George Hutfilz" <ghutfilz@...> wrote:

                > Yahoo appears to be having serious problems with their mail servers.
                >
                > George

                I believe you are right George. I went over to IExplorer and I could send (and they arrived) emails to my Gmail accounts. However after a few hours I started getting Bounce Backs when sending to other emails including a client. I thought maybe the problem was in Firefox, but clearly it isn't. Apparently it is happening randomly and increasingly.
                I have no problem with my computer or with non-yahoo emails. In fact it's been some days that I have noticed that Yahho is very slow and the wheel keeps turning for ages, apparently waiting to upload an image.
                I cleaned the browser's history and cookies, cleaned the caché, ran an antvirus check on my computer, and there doesn't seem to be no problem here.
              • FC Cindy
                Message 7 of 13 , Jun 22, 2013
                  I am a Yahoo group moderator and we are having problems with every mail client, including Yahoo and our own moderator's group (another Yahoo group we own for archiving). Getting Mail failures constantly.

                • karenborga@yahoo.com
                  Message 8 of 13 , Jun 22, 2013
                    Lena wrote:
                    Please quote/forward here the bounce message.<<<<<

                    Here you go:

                    Sorry, we were unable to deliver your message to the following address.

                    <rdunsey@...>:
                    Mail server for "verizon.net" unreachable for too long

                    DKIM-Signature: v=1; a=rsa-sha256; c=relaxed/relaxed; d=yahoo.com; s=s1024; t=1371739225; bh=4g+dLgff/AkHXLUVC5NVTYhjKntfhf95LIdJzZ9vjGI=; h=X-Yahoo-Newman-Id:X-Yahoo-Newman-Property:X-YMail-OSG:X-Yahoo-SMTP:X-Rocket-Received:X-rim-org-msg-ref-id:Message-ID:Reply-To:X-Priority:Sensitivity:Importance:Subject:To:Cc:From:Date:Content-Type:MIME-Version; b=dXkeKcwQp44xHZ5XZL3o8c5JHPa2HDNJD7ufQC7rub7cznlnOrwaNtT8QSTh0sduAI69hM4pZG7J0pIMyC68iGX2FYZmFG74EuDhX/ppwJGYfuGrkHTiNOLlbhswBUHXyEp6UGVI8RUfRhaWY2i7vBl5PM63H5TQJn4jTWtsxBc=
                    2SlZsRGfvD8YXRWWb9o6EOGcgDLr0kGCh9IJPbszfmj7Jd6NO3nrDcHyHt9L
                    TfyxGtndmQ9e_pJH9YvXwHMxL79Cy0nep6cysLCsDZxfNT9Gm8a_M37EVhLf
                    _z56_gVyqgyLsf8RcrGEcPpsQNSXWY01zf3MFsYdx0zD8WjYdYqHZQD.6JSB
                    5e8.z8h8yv8VKzDC69lEbwQBCwcgRpD2Slt9i50709IbNz4F.oQaIIiLUoWs
                    QBVmVZCjaM3743ByEXpr7ynZ83c1YnFff.SICqnuB4X7YsUxWYBrjFzl_5PZ
                    SlPJsdbLW3cJcTmaf8G0qQB3AX1t41hNQDAzuDVBrBh_sfeAfBQ.aHHQWnjr
                    JTKTvNu4Yp4xXkNKzn_yjQpr.83h.rgm8RC4FaKFukHcVeP6dvnIdh626gnJ
                    OIeGLrttv_XOXTFtkFxfqZq0.Yw_SeLQ7YbOMEMJFvm0EdGmvBGVLu94Xlyw
                    BU0mHDuzqeFQWYXFE9c7I3cZhpUoQ4.AxqZokOwKJ2GX27b8JbjcxOa7gooP
                    Kptl2ehUtYmMoQeFaF0UHNpBBCeb9JC3i2OmSLlOAM8xTBpzamyQs0jtESr8
                    HabvcorEgAodgfInnrHCSFQAGTGUUdAy7G717lN7MDSXXhS8vN7eGnDBBZ6.
                    TKsteH8FYAMNOEeJxsW7_VQnRME.WPPDY5j02Qwrm979hi5Ki9j.9NQTuYZL
                    fxccK6gj0QNqXRjipJjnoArJMKI0froysCEeCnK8L6Zv9uQ6YPe4fmMNsIsw
                    SdFBa8ZxFfLW.xVfrvNNhxDLhuDjuQeMiUl1OMErl_kiIT5jj0_sQNENgWYl
                    _hwTh5DwVkmsY3HUcoQzvbj_3cCcdHkgA.qhrzAA2FiOYtb8YlkRFMJoGiLv
                    S4GKcEpvBVLIq3ydecPIWe7JLT0BexluMDKKOGJf13b1f_eqO8SNhixVGX8s
                    iyDSMUaVE_l.GdOvBKvPENp.ih2LhkEyi0R7YiiBpAqNViN4Gyy2V3wAVN5B
                    S3uL4h8jTizPCR4kj3Gi94XSnIOohBYG24_5rbcD1YwZQRfJq2p0yC0v8cS.
                    pFroO_PNslq8gkbt42wwsy45c6zPf34Jzb3g2_0vDIK2oOy8fqfhfQRRHE.x
                    1suuSpK5Ohdf35bmQuQmLqjkxY7YLROzqBKXqbAJ4o.vdSK9e7_c221pH3Q7
                    9k8lPXvYwyUkQ_BRYTU0DUp17l1Cgu0kdQxOR.9N3xHUm42iGBkbvF7NPlz9
                    .Ui0KV0MA2Zo2Neqc171BKuR9g8Kw6djWbCoWbpKyv1I0P70yw4ppXk_Vb.s
                    T0.5Y85bDAwvFEFvtcWVeVBxUx12Zx11EHgWY39Jd5.x1v5jxJ12K2TBjMpO
                    f.jn7tlSK_wBSNfzyzkJCFhPEmjzbgeQo
                    Subject: Fw: [PetRatEnthusiasts] Trudy's Prescott, AZ rats - Potential home for 2 in California
                    To: "Lisa Dunsey" <rdunsey@...>
                    Cc: "Raquel Cintron gmail" <raquel.cintron@...>
                    From: "karenborga@..." <karenborga@...>
                    Date: Thu, 20 Jun 2013 14:40:24 +0000

                    Sent via BlackBerry from T-Mobile
                  • lena_kiev
                    Message 9 of 13 , Jun 22, 2013
                      > Mail server for "verizon.net" unreachable for too long

                      That means that Verizon's incoming mailservers
                      keep refusing connections for yahooMail's outgoing mailservers
                      (or keep saying "please try later" to them)
                      too many times or for too long time. It can be because either
                      Verizon's incoming mail servers are overloaded
                      or Verizon uses "greylisting" antispam technology unreasonably.
                      I run my own mail server, I wrote all its antispam routines.
                      I use greylisting selectively and exempted mailservers which
                      use STARTTLS/smtps including yahooMail's, and explicitly exempted
                      regular yahooMail's outbound mailservers:

                      ^nm?\d+[a-d]?(-vm\d)?\.bullet\.(mail\.)?...\.yahoo\.com$
                      ^(smtp|web)\d+(-mob)?\.((sbc|biz)\.)?mail\....\.yahoo\.com$

                      yahooMail emits much spam (an email filtering company said that
                      about 1/10 of emails their customers get from yahooMail is
                      spam with malicious links via compromised yahooMail accounts),
                      but greylisting is absolutely useless against real (queueing) mailservers
                      such as yahooMail's.
                    • Shal Farley
                      Message 10 of 13 , Jun 22, 2013
                        Karen,

                        > Sorry, we were unable to deliver your message to the following address.
                        >
                        > <... @ verizon.net>:
                        > Mail server for "verizon.net" unreachable for too long

                        Oh, that one.

                        My belief is that Verizon practices "greylisting" of Yahoo's servers. I hadn't heard of this being a problem for Yahoo Mail users, but it had vexed me on and off as a Yahoo Groups member with a Verizon email address -- I would fail to receive a small fraction of messages from Groups, and my bounce history would show that reason.
                        <http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Greylisting>

                        That said, the descriptions in this thread suggest something more intense is going on, so it may be on Yahoo's side rather than the ISP's in the current cases.

                        Or, given the current intensity of the attack against Yahoo mail, and the large number of compromised accounts sending out malicious links, it could be that various ISP's anti-spam technologies are reacting more intensely and more "innocent" messages are being denied delivery.

                        -- Shal
                      • FC Cindy
                        Message 11 of 13 , Jun 24, 2013
                          Not sure if this is ok to put onlist but we have a moderator with a verizon address as Shal mentions and she's had problems all along. Have you, Shal, or anyone else been able to find a fix?

                          --- In Y-Mail@yahoogroups.com, Shal Farley <shal@...> wrote:

                          > Karen,
                          >
                          > > Sorry, we were unable to deliver your message to the following address.
                          > >
                          > > <... @ verizon.net>:
                          > > Mail server for "verizon.net" unreachable for too long
                          >
                          > Oh, that one.
                          >
                          > My belief is that Verizon practices "greylisting" of Yahoo's servers. I hadn't heard of this being a problem for Yahoo Mail users, but it had vexed me on and off as a Yahoo Groups member with a Verizon email address -- I would fail to receive a small fraction of messages from Groups, and my bounce history would show that reason.
                          > <http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Greylisting>
                          >
                          > That said, the descriptions in this thread suggest something more intense is going on, so it may be on Yahoo's side rather than the ISP's in the current cases.
                          >
                          > Or, given the current intensity of the attack against Yahoo mail, and the large number of compromised accounts sending out malicious links, it could be that various ISP's anti-spam technologies are reacting more intensely and more "innocent" messages are being denied delivery.
                          >
                          > -- Shal

                        • Shal Farley
                          Message 12 of 13 , Jun 24, 2013
                            Cindy,

                            I never did find a cure. But I didn't work on it too intensely as it
                            only caused me to miss one message every couple weeks. Eventually I
                            switched ISPs (for other reasons) and haven't had any missing messages
                            since.

                            -- Shal

                            Message 13 of 13 , Jun 24, 2013
                              Thanks. Trying to get her to switch ;)