Re: new mail question, re inbox

  • Kenneth
    Message 1 of 7 , Jun 17, 2013
      Not necessarily. If there's a range of contiguous emails you want to select, you can click the box for the first one then hold down the shift key and click the box for the last one and the whole range will become selected.

      There are also all of those selection options at the top of the selection column via the drop-down. Select all, none, unread, read, starred, unstarred. Sometimes it's quicker to select more than you want to delete and then deselect the ones you want to keep.

      --- In Y-Mail@yahoogroups.com, Donna Lee <donna74128@...> wrote:

      > You can select more than one to delete but you do have to select one at a time.
      >
      > Donna Ford Lee ♂+♀=♡
      > Tulsa, OK
      >
      > Sent Via My iPhone

    • Donna Lee
      Message 2 of 7 , Jun 17, 2013
        I forgot about the shift-select.

        I have often selected all then taken the check mark off of the ones that I want to keep.

        Donna Ford Lee ♂+♀=♡
        Tulsa, OK

        Sent Via My iPhone

      • adeomus ********
        Message 3 of 7 , Jun 17, 2013

           Sometimes it's quicker to select more than you want to delete and then deselect the ones you want to keep.

          that's exactly what i have always done with classic...just click the top box and it hilighted the whole inbox, the i unclicked the ones i wanted to keep.
          the new mail...well, i guess i will have to " shift" down the whole page and do the same thing..but more cumbersome and
          a backwards method imho...the old way was faster and simpler.

          thanks so much, this group never disappoints !
          adds

          -- George MacDonald

          Not necessarily.  If there's a range of contiguous emails you want to select, you can click the box for the first one then hold down the shift key and click the box for the last one and the whole range will become selected.

          There are also all of those selection options at the top of the selection column via the drop-down.  Select all, none, unread, read, starred, unstarred.  Sometimes it's quicker to select more than you want to delete and then deselect the ones you want to keep.

          --- In Y-Mail@yahoogroups.com, Donna Lee <donna74128@...> wrote:

          > You can select more than one to delete but you do have to select one at a time.
          >
          > Donna Ford Lee  ♂+♀=♡
          > Tulsa, OK
          >
          > Sent Via My iPhone

              Y-Mail-digest@yahoogroups.com

        • Kenneth
          Message 4 of 7 , Jun 17, 2013
            Adds,

            You can do exactly what you described below in the new Yahoo! Mail.  Just click on the box at the top of the column of boxes and they will all be selected.  Or you can select the drop-down arrow next to that top box and get more selective.

            Kenneth