new mail question, re inbox

  • adeomus ********
    Message 1 of 7 , Jun 16, 2013

       yes, i caved and tried it out..but some issues ( besides slower !).

      i co-own several ygroups and have voluminous mail in the inbox every day.
      i habitually hilight the whole inbox,
       choose which posts i want to/ have to read ( there is a lot of repetition, chatting etc that i don't need to read), and
      delete the rest.
      it saves huge chunks of time.

      how do i do this with new mail, i can't find anything except " organizing" and it does not do the trick.
       i have to delete one at a time...a backwards leap for "new" mail */:) raised eyebrows!

      thank you,
      adds

      -- George MacDonald

    • Donna Lee
      Message 2 of 7 , Jun 16, 2013
        You can select more than one to delete but you do have to select one at a time.

        Donna Ford Lee  ♂+♀=♡
        Tulsa, OK

        Sent Via My iPhone

        On Jun 16, 2013, at 7:19 PM, adeomus ******** <carpediemadeomus@...> wrote:

         yes, i caved and tried it out..but some issues ( besides slower !).

        i co-own several ygroups and have voluminous mail in the inbox every day.
        i habitually hilight the whole inbox,
         choose which posts i want to/ have to read ( there is a lot of repetition, chatting etc that i don't need to read), and
        delete the rest.
        it saves huge chunks of time.

        how do i do this with new mail, i can't find anything except " organizing" and it does not do the trick.
         i have to delete one at a time...a backwards leap for "new" mail */:) raised eyebrows!

        thank you,
        adds

        -- George MacDonald
      • Kenneth
        Message 3 of 7 , Jun 16, 2013
          Adds,

          If you want to organize your Yahoo! Mail for reading emails from your groups, first I'd recommend creating a folder for each group. Then use filters to sort your group emails into their group specific folders. That way your inbox isn't cluttered with Groups emails.

          Have your filters sort on "Recipient Contains y-mail@yahoogroups.com", for example. One filter for each group.

          You can delete more than one email at a time. I'm not sure how it's any different than Classic in that regard.

          Kenneth

          >  yes, i caved and tried it out..but some issues ( besides slower !).
          >
          > i co-own several ygroups and have voluminous mail in the inbox every day.
          > i habitually hilight the whole inbox,
          >  choose which posts i want to/ have to read ( there is a lot of repetition, chatting etc that i don't need to read), and
          > delete the rest.
          > it saves huge chunks of time.
          >
          > how do i do this with new mail, i can't find anything except " organizing" and it does not do the trick.
          >  i have to delete one at a time...a backwards leap for "new" mail !
          >
          > thank you,
          > adds
          >

          > "That is the way", he said. "But there are no stairs", I cried.
          > "You must throw yourself in", he replied. 'There is no other way. "
          >
          > -- George MacDonald

        • Kenneth
          Message 4 of 7 , Jun 17, 2013
            Not necessarily. If there's a range of contiguous emails you want to select, you can click the box for the first one then hold down the shift key and click the box for the last one and the whole range will become selected.

            There are also all of those selection options at the top of the selection column via the drop-down. Select all, none, unread, read, starred, unstarred. Sometimes it's quicker to select more than you want to delete and then deselect the ones you want to keep.

            --- In Y-Mail@yahoogroups.com, Donna Lee <donna74128@...> wrote:

            > You can select more than one to delete but you do have to select one at a time.
            >
            > Donna Ford Lee ♂+♀=♡
            > Tulsa, OK
            >
            > Sent Via My iPhone

          • Donna Lee
            Message 5 of 7 , Jun 17, 2013
              I forgot about the shift-select.

              I have often selected all then taken the check mark off of the ones that I want to keep.

              Donna Ford Lee ♂+♀=♡
              Tulsa, OK

              Sent Via My iPhone

              Message 6 of 7 , Jun 17, 2013

                 Sometimes it's quicker to select more than you want to delete and then deselect the ones you want to keep.

                that's exactly what i have always done with classic...just click the top box and it hilighted the whole inbox, the i unclicked the ones i wanted to keep.
                the new mail...well, i guess i will have to " shift" down the whole page and do the same thing..but more cumbersome and
                a backwards method imho...the old way was faster and simpler.

                thanks so much, this group never disappoints !
                adds

                -- George MacDonald

                Not necessarily.  If there's a range of contiguous emails you want to select, you can click the box for the first one then hold down the shift key and click the box for the last one and the whole range will become selected.

                There are also all of those selection options at the top of the selection column via the drop-down.  Select all, none, unread, read, starred, unstarred.  Sometimes it's quicker to select more than you want to delete and then deselect the ones you want to keep.

                --- In Y-Mail@yahoogroups.com, Donna Lee <donna74128@...> wrote:

                > You can select more than one to delete but you do have to select one at a time.
                >
                > Donna Ford Lee  ♂+♀=♡
                > Tulsa, OK
                >
                > Sent Via My iPhone

                    Y-Mail-digest@yahoogroups.com

              • Kenneth
                Message 7 of 7 , Jun 17, 2013
                  Adds,

                  You can do exactly what you described below in the new Yahoo! Mail.  Just click on the box at the top of the column of boxes and they will all be selected.  Or you can select the drop-down arrow next to that top box and get more selective.

                  Kenneth