Yahoo mail and Android phone

  • Ginger CD
    Message 1 of 1 , Jun 16, 2013
      I am wondering if anyone has had a problem with the Yahoo Mail /
      Messenger app on their Android phone?

      I have a Samsung Fascinate phone and the Power/Lock button is supposed
      to turn off the screen and put the phone to sleep. My phone has taken on
      a life of its own and pushing the Power/Lock button now activates the
      Screen Capture feature and the sleep mode is disabled. It will even wake
      up by itself and the screen stays lite which of course kills the
      battery.

      It appears to be the Yahoo App because I can force close the App and
      clear the Cache, normal function resumes. BUT then Yahell restarts
      itself later and the condition resumes. Interestingly, I was unable to
      stop Messenger at all. Every time I stopped it, it would restart within
      seconds. I love how Yahoo know better what I want to do on my phone than
      I do.

      I have un-installed both apps to see if the problem returns.

      Ginger