Re: [Y-Mail] Re: Yahoo has apparently started to 'censor' saved messages

  • Harryh
    Message 1 of 9 , Jun 15, 2013
      I sure have been getting the support agent attention about my inability to access certain messages.  Sadly despite daily messages since 5/20 I only get script kiddies who, I doubt understand much beyond the script.  I've asked for escalation to resolve server side issues but am getting nowhere.  I suspect they are otherwise busy.

      Message 2 of 9 , Jun 16, 2013
        Thanks, but I've been through that phase. Their prepared 'customer assistance' procedure leads to an useless endless loop, and if you notify them individually (which is possible on that same page, and asking them for real personal assistance), then there is no reaction.

        --- In Y-Mail@yahoogroups.com, Shal Farley <shal@...> wrote:

        [...]
        > No, it does not. I'd suspect more a glitch than any intended change in function. Keep after Customer Care to look into the problem for you. If you haven't already done this, from the Help page, click "Get Help" (lower right corner). Then:
        >
        > category: Notices and errors
        > sub-category: unable to download or upload attachments
        >
        > Scroll down below the Basic troubleshooting steps to find the "Email a Support Agent" link. You probably won't get a response during the weekend, and it may take a few replies back and forth before you get them to understand the problem (I doubt yours is in their lists of frequent questions, unless a lot of people are reporting it).
        >
        > -- Shal

      • Harryh
        Message 3 of 9 , Jun 17, 2013
          I am really in an endless loop with support agents (all with different names) repeating the same troubleshooting steps done previously.  There is nothing wrong with my browser proven by the use of multiple computers and multiple browsers.  And the browser cannot be related to an inability to forward certain messages or the inability to POP3 access those same messages.  It's clearly a server side problem but support seems unable to question their own system.

          Apparently I am the only one that seems to have collected certain corrupted messages with attachments.  At least the corruption issue seems to have stopped.  Maybe it's connected to the neo/Classic switchover.