The Yahoo "We Want You Back" email

  • Gary
    Message 1 of 4 , Jun 14, 2013
      I got the email today in my alternate account saying that my account would be closed if I didn't log in by July 15.

      I use Yahoo Mail nearly every day from both my work and home computer.   I have to login again every 2 weeks.

      So why did I get that email?  How do I make sure that they don't close my account on 7/15?

      Thanks.

    • Sasafrass452
      Message 2 of 4 , Jun 15, 2013
        By simply logging in, you're keeping your account active & yahoo won't terminate it. You have nothing to worry about. I assume all members are getting the email as a warning, though I haven't gotten the email myself yet.... I would think Yahoo isn't going to send individual emails to every inactive member. Besides, if they're not logging in regularly, they wouldn't see it anyway :P Yahoo does this from time to time, to make room for new users by clearing out the "deadwood".

        **Sasafrass452**
        http://www.friendburst.com/Sasafrass452
        http://thexfactorusa.proboards.com
        On 06/14/2013 09:15 PM, Gary wrote:

        I got the email today in my alternate account saying that my account would be closed if I didn't log in by July 15.

        I use Yahoo Mail nearly every day from both my work and home computer.   I have to login again every 2 weeks.

        So why did I get that email?  How do I make sure that they don't close my account on 7/15?

        Thanks.

      • Donna Lee
        Message 3 of 4 , Jun 15, 2013
          You log in through the web mail.

          You can also purchase the account.

          Donna Ford Lee  ♂+♀=♡
          Tulsa, OK

          Sent Via My iPhone

          On Jun 14, 2013, at 8:15 PM, Gary <oracle8_dba@...> wrote:

          I got the email today in my alternate account saying that my account would be closed if I didn't log in by July 15.

          I use Yahoo Mail nearly every day from both my work and home computer.   I have to login again every 2 weeks.

          So why did I get that email?  How do I make sure that they don't close my account on 7/15?

          Thanks.
        • Shal Farley
          Message 4 of 4 , Jun 15, 2013
            Gary,

            I would guess that you have at least one other account, one that you have left dormant and which has that email address listed in the account information. For whatever reason they didn't see fit to include the account ID in those messages, which wasn't very helpful.

            When I got that message I opened up my account list (in PasswordSafe) and then signed in to all of my old Yahoo accounts in turn. Except for a couple which had gone so dormant that the ID was said to be available, which I left abandoned.

            -- Shal