Re: the new Yahoo Mail

  • Jodi
    Message 1 of 3 , Jun 13, 2013

      --- In Y-Mail@yahoogroups.com, "Donna" wrote:

      > I'm not sure what happened. I was on another site and returned to my bookmarked link for Yahoo Mail. A page appeared that wanted me to select the fully featured or the basic. I don't really need the fully featured version; so, I selected basic and continued on to my inbox page. My first thought was that it looked a lot like my outlook.com inbox. But, I wondered if I could change the color from the ugly purple color to something more like what I had. But, under Options, there wasn't anything that I could see to change the color. Then I thought I would learn to like it, eventually. It is rather basic looking, even more so than Classic Yahoo Mail.
      >
      > Then I went to do a search for something and remembered reading that some members have indicated that the messages are all on one page. I hadn't noticed; so, when I clicked on my bookmarked link for Yahoo Mail, the Classic Yahoo Mail showed up. I opened a few messages to read them; but, each time, it was still what I would see with Classic. I'm not complaining, I just wonder if this is a normal thing when being switched to a new version of Yahoo Mail.
      >
      > I don't mind having messages all on one page if I can select my preferred option for the reading pane.
      >
      > Donna

      I Know What You're Talking About In Terms Of outlook.con Donna....My Yahoo! ID For This Account Is Linked To Outlook ;)

    • adeomus ********
      Message 2 of 3 , Jun 14, 2013
        i tried basic first ( on a little used account), and i was peeved beyond description that i lost auto address and all font etc choices !!
        no image with my signature either..very very basic.
        so since i was screwed anyway, i tried the fancier version and it's taking some getting used to but you can have color changes etc
        ( though just the top of the page)..

        the scrolling is definitely slower and twitchy, friggin tedious....hope they fix that, it's going backward imho.
         and i still cannot hilight the whole inbox and just select what i want to read*X( angry...darn friggin tedious, esp with huge groups...
        if you miss a couple of days there could be well over 600 posts on it !
        ( we can still have 200 posts per page, so that's good).

        i am happy that messenger and chat aren't being shoved onto me constantly ( like the last time i tried "new mail", totally obnoxious),
        and facebook isn't in my face.....i'm just here for the emails and my groups !

        still have to find out what else is good or bad about it, but so far so tolerable.

        adds

        -- George MacDonald

            Y-Mail-digest@yahoogroups.com