Re: [Y-Mail] One page email

  • Cindy Cozad-Rudinger
    Message 1 of 22 , Jun 8, 2013
      That sounds interesting, Donna. I've got filters set up for much of my email, but your way sounds like a good way to manage the inbox.

      Cindy in Ohio
      Melanie, CD, CGC...Border Collie mix

      --- On Sat, 6/8/13, Donna Lee <donna74128@...> wrote:
      My inbox is really not that full. I send my mail to a folder. For instance Y-mail is sent to it's own folder after I read it.

      I often go into each folder once a month and delete all the oldest mail.

      Donna Ford Lee  ♂+♀=♡
      Tulsa, OK

      Sent Via My iPhone
    • Cindy Cozad-Rudinger
      Message 2 of 22 , Jun 8, 2013
        You would presumably still have the long scroll if you have a lot of email in the folders.

        Cindy in Ohio
        Melanie, CD, CGC...Border Collie mix

        --- On Sat, 6/8/13, Harryh <harryh89@...> wrote:
        Apparently Yahoo has decided that you should use folders to organize.

        --- On Fri, 6/7/13, bahnbino@... <bahnbino@...> wrote:
        I agree, better one page that goes quickly then having to go to whatever page the message is on, which could be 10 pages in. My inbox has 1,500 messages.
      • Harryh
        Message 3 of 22 , Jun 8, 2013
          I think some folk are impressed by the cool factor.  They also have overdone the scroll feature for Flickr and ruined that as well.

          Message 4 of 22 , Jun 9, 2013
            Well said. I was thinking about the diabolical aspect too. It's hardly a comforting thought that our more than a decade of email database is in the hands of these jokers. I think that it is about time to pay the $20 one time for MailPlus (since Mail no longer supports POP3) and fire up Thunderbird to download the entire lot. I've heard from respectable sources that they have seen a few cases where all of the emails disappeared and warned about not fully trusting any online email entities.
          • Mayaranger
            Message 5 of 22 , Jun 9, 2013
              I find folders kind of superfluous and depend on the global search function that will pull up one presentation of all the emails defined by the search phrase.
              It also appears that the continuous scrolling is using a lot of data presenting what you don't want to see anyway. If you are on a paid and limited data plan, this is troubling.
              Keep sending negative Feedback at Mail/Help/Feedback and maybe....
              I'm sending some everyday.
            • Harryh
              Message 6 of 22 , Jun 9, 2013
                Indeed, your concern is valid.  I have a bunch of messages that I can't download for some reason, starting in Feb.  But POP has worked fine except for those few messages.

                Message 7 of 22 , Jun 9, 2013