Pages display disappeared.

  • Mayaranger
    Message 1 of 5 , Jun 6, 2013
      The Pages, say 25 or 50 emails each page, has disappeared. Now there is just one endless page. Also the scroll bar at the extreme right has disappeared too. This happened late yesterday or early today. Tried to get chat help as I have done in the past but could not find a link. Yahoo Questions has several people complaining about it. What's up? So now I cannot access old emails. Tried changing my browser from Chrome to Firefox and the problem still exists. So it is not browser related.
    • bahnbino@juno.com
      Message 2 of 5 , Jun 6, 2013
        The scroll bar within the list of emails is back and that means you can now, again, delete, etc. an email from any part of the email and do not have to scroll back to the top to do this. This is an improvement, or actually, back to what was.

        Please note: message attached

        From: "Mayaranger" <mayaranger@...>
        To: Y-Mail@yahoogroups.com
        Subject: [Y-Mail] Pages display disappeared.
        Date: Thu, 06 Jun 2013 09:10:27 -0000

        BlackBerry® 10
        Find out more about the new BlackBerry 10 smartphone.
        http://thirdpartyoffers.juno.com/TGL3131/51b0b74cd271f374c0762st04duc
      • George Hutfilz
        Message 3 of 5 , Jun 6, 2013
          For those of us using neo and its predecessor for the last ten years, the scroll bar was always there. Now neo is gone, and I am confronted with a regression to an ancient interface that does not have pages of messages, does not remember folder ordering, has no option for setting up pages of messaged, no buttons for advancing through folders a page at a time or to the beginning or the end. And a Yahoo staffer on the update blog claims this regression is a feature! He invites comments, but, of course, this is Yahoo so the comments on the blog post are blocked. Very disappointing.

          George

          Message 4 of 5 , Jun 7, 2013
            OK, I found out what happened to the Pages format that disappeared on 5 Jun 2015. It was replaced with a Super Scrollbar that forces one to advance thru emails by scrolling and scrolling and scrolling. We can no longer move around in our Inbox and other folders by pages.

            Here is the documentation and it means that our long-trusted Yahoo Mail is now an almost unmanageable mess.

            This is deliberate and bad. I just found this here:
            http://www.ymailblog.com/blog/2013/06/quickly-scroll-through-hundreds-of-messages-in-your-yahoo-mail-inbox/

            I've copied and pasted below. Notice that it was done 5 Jun 13, and that is when we began seeing the problem. I say it looks bad because our email in now almost unmanageable. I find it hard to believe that our long-trusted email is now almost unusable. I hope they correct this otherwise I will have to go to another email handler client.

            "Quickly scroll through hundreds of messages in your Yahoo! Mail inbox
            Posted June 5th, 2013 at 1:00 pm by HuongTCategories: General, New Stuff, Yahoo! Mail
            Post to Facebook
            Post to Twitter
            Send via Yahoo Mail
            Add to LinkedIn
            Post to Delicious
            Post to StumbleUpon
            Send via E-mail program
            By Ankit Shah, Senior Software Engineer – Yahoo! Mail
            When you're looking for the party invitation your friend sent you yesterday or the coupon you received from your favorite store last weekend, sometimes it's easiest to just scroll back through your messages to find what you're looking for. Beginning today, you can effortlessly navigate your Yahoo! Mail inbox by scrolling through hundreds of messages at a time. To jump back to the top of your message list, click on the gray arrow in the lower-right corner that follows you as you scroll down the page. And to get to the earliest or most recent message in the list, simply sort by date in the menu above your inbox."

            Hey everyone: Send Yahoo Feedback asking to cancel this new feature and bring back "Pages". Get others to do so too until Yahoo gets the message. They ask for feedback on the linked blog but have no direct feedback on the blog.

            Please post any ideas on how we can get this repaired.
          • Mayaranger
            Message 5 of 5 , Jun 7, 2013
              Well said. I have about 30K emails that I use as a globally searchable data base. Now I might have to go to another email which is very problematic.

              I hope enough people submit negative feedback (MailHelp/Feedback) to get them to restore the pagination. But....