Vertical scroll bars disappeared

  • mikebahn
    Message 1 of 6 , May 30, 2013
      About a week ago, the scroll bar for the folders and for inside an email vanished. That means that the only way to delete an open email is to scroll back up to the top and hit the delete button b/c that is the only delete button. Also, if I want to delete, say, messages 1, 7 16, 24 and 36 in my inbox, I have to check them and then scroll up to hit delete. It used to be that the buttons at the top stayed with you as you scrolled within an email or folder. Anyone else experience this as well, or know how to fix it?
    • Sasafrass452
      Message 2 of 6 , May 31, 2013
        Unfortunately, it's not something that can be fixed. That's the way it works, & it's up to Yahoo to change it.

        **Sasafrass452**
        http://www.friendburst.com/Sasafrass452
        http://thexfactorusa.proboards.com

      • bahnbino@juno.com
        Message 3 of 6 , May 31, 2013
          But it is new? I'm surprised no one else has mentioned it because it is so annoying. It makes the ability to tab emails useless since once you lose your place in the email what good is leaving it open?

          Please note: message attached

          From: Sasafrass452 <Sasafrass452@...>
          To: Y-Mail@yahoogroups.com
          Subject: Re: [Y-Mail] Vertical scroll bars disappeared
          Date: Fri, 31 May 2013 07:50:23 -0400

          BlackBerry® 10
          Get the latest details on the new BlackBerry 10 smartphone.
          http://thirdpartyoffers.juno.com/TGL3131/51a8a461c4a4b24614866st01duc
        • Sasafrass452

            From: Sasafrass452 <Sasafrass452@...>
            To: Y-Mail@yahoogroups.com
            Date: Fri, 31 May 2013 07:50:23 -0400

            BlackBerry® 10
            Get the latest details on the new BlackBerry 10 smartphone.
            http://thirdpartyoffers.juno.com/TGL3131/51a8a461c4a4b24614866st01duc

          • Chris J Brady
            Message 5 of 6 , May 31, 2013
              The same idiot feature is in GMail. Some years ago when I was teaching computing and website design I read that 99% of all users don't know what the vertical scroll bar is for anyway and that good webpage design presents everything in one unscrollable screen. CJB.

              Message 6 of 6 , May 31, 2013
                That makes no sense to never have a scroll bar. I get all kinds of long textual emails, or ad types with pictures that you have to scroll down and up for, and then going back up to delete it is a pain, plus, as I said, if I want to open another email that means that since I scrolled up to the top on this one the tab feature of having multiple emails open is useless.

                Also, it was fine until a week ago.

                If you activate the view pane you get the scroll bar back but the pane is not good for actual viewing of a compete email. Ugh, circular reasoning/catch 22 of a sort.

                Please note: message attached

                From: Chris J Brady <chrisjbrady@...>
                To: Y-Mail@yahoogroups.com
                Date: Fri, 31 May 2013 08:46:26 -0700 (PDT)