Re: [Y-Mail] Mail search

  • Chris J Brady
    Message 1 of 9 , May 30, 2013
      Targeted ads. or micro-targeting also happens on Google Mail. BUT the irritating thing is that the algorithms don't know when to stop. Last month I wanted a Panasonic Combi VCR (tape and dvd & hard-drive). I searched for this. Found a good deal at John Lewis and bought the unit. Unfortunately both Yahoo and Google still think I need to know about this and I am still pestered with ads that I am not now remotely interested in. I suspect that I will get yet more ads. due to this post. That's where the concept of targeted ads fails - they irritate the user and the result is to ignore them and the products / services involved. Chris B.