Re: Forgot Y-Mail security question

  • Mike-Shirley O'Brien
    Message 1 of 3 , May 24, 2013
      I travel a lot, even change comps at home a lot and I get this just about every time and what I do is THANK Yahoo for providing this entry front door level of security for me.
      What can be done???? If security is a pain for your "friend" then tell him/her to find another more insecure service that will allow access to his/her account from anywhere in the world on any computer.
      Not sure what a TOR is but if it is any kind of proxy or anonymous type server setup then Yahoo is just doing its job.

      --- In Y-Mail@yahoogroups.com, "psl66_uk" <psl66_uk@...> wrote:

      > An acquaintance uses TOR to access Y-Mail. He knows both the username and password. The problem he is encountering is that Y-Mail is prompting for the security question because the location he appears to be logging in from is different from what is expected. He keys in the CAPTCHA code when asked.
      >
      > What can be done?

    • Donna
      Message 2 of 3 , May 25, 2013
        I am not sure what TOR is; but, based upon the  reference from ps166_uk, I'm guessing it could be The Onion Router.  A good explanation of what it is can be found here:  https://www.torproject.org/about/overview.html.en  or here:  http://www.ask.com/wiki/Tor_%28anonymity_network%29

        Donna

        -