Re: problem with creating FOLDERS

  • Ginger CD
    Message 1 of 4 , May 21, 2013
      The windows operating system does not permit same name folders. Otherwise how would it know what is what. There must be something different - Call it friends-1 and friends-2 or friend-1

    • kathyzprice_author@verizon.net
      Message 2 of 4 , May 21, 2013
        The folders Are different--"same name" pertains to the heading--but there is still differentiating characters

        lol---otherwise--how would I know what is what
        example..........

        June
        Sally--Submission

        June
        Nate Submission

        June
        Wally Submission

        etc

        It permitted some and not others----very random and weird

        --- In Y-Mail@yahoogroups.com, "Ginger CD" <gingergmc@...> wrote:

        > The windows operating system does not permit same name folders. Otherwise how would it know what is what. There must be something different - Call it friends-1 and friends-2 or friend-1
        >
        > --- In Y-Mail@yahoogroups.com, "kathyzprice_author@" <kathyzprice@> wrote:
        > >
        > > A file or directory with that name already exists. Please pick another name for your file or directory.
        > >

        > > I keep getting the above error message---I am puzzled. All I am doing is creating separate folders for writers in a critique group

      • Cindy Cozad-Rudinger
        Message 3 of 4 , May 21, 2013
          Are you using a unique name for each folder?

          Cindy in Ohio
          Melanie, CD, CGC...Border Collie mix

          http://thenormandogproject.blogspot.com/
          http://cynthiasword.wordpress.com/