problem with creating FOLDERS

  • kathyzprice_author@verizon.net
    Message 1 of 4 , May 20 5:08 PM
      A file or directory with that name already exists. Please pick another name for your file or directory.

      I keep getting the above error message---I am puzzled. All I am doing is creating separate folders for writers in a critique group
    • Ginger CD
      Message 2 of 4 , May 21 10:19 AM
        The windows operating system does not permit same name folders. Otherwise how would it know what is what. There must be something different - Call it friends-1 and friends-2 or friend-1

        Message 3 of 4 , May 21 2:51 PM
          The folders Are different--"same name" pertains to the heading--but there is still differentiating characters

          lol---otherwise--how would I know what is what
          example..........

          June
          Sally--Submission

          June
          Nate Submission

          June
          Wally Submission

          etc

          It permitted some and not others----very random and weird

          --- In Y-Mail@yahoogroups.com, "Ginger CD" <gingergmc@...> wrote:

          > The windows operating system does not permit same name folders. Otherwise how would it know what is what. There must be something different - Call it friends-1 and friends-2 or friend-1
          >
          > --- In Y-Mail@yahoogroups.com, "kathyzprice_author@" <kathyzprice@> wrote:
          > >
          > > A file or directory with that name already exists. Please pick another name for your file or directory.
          > >

          > > I keep getting the above error message---I am puzzled. All I am doing is creating separate folders for writers in a critique group

        • Cindy Cozad-Rudinger
          Message 4 of 4 , May 21 8:00 PM
            Are you using a unique name for each folder?

            Cindy in Ohio
            Melanie, CD, CGC...Border Collie mix

            http://thenormandogproject.blogspot.com/
            http://cynthiasword.wordpress.com/