Re: [Y-Mail] Yahoo Email

  • Shal Farley
    Message 1 of 3 , May 19, 2013
      littlesinbox,

      > Is there absolutely any way to access an old account if I've forgotten
      > the password, the answer to my first security question, and if the
      > cellphone linked to that account is no longer in service; so the
      > password cannot even be texted to me?

      If the automated recovery via the "I can't access my account" link on the sign-in page can't help you, maybe try the "Password Helper" button on the Groups help page:
      <http://help.yahoo.com/kb/index?page=product&y=PROD_GRPS>

      As a last resort you might try the "Locked Account Help" link on the Yahoo Mail help page. It isn't for your situation, but it does appear to offer more options:
      <http://help.yahoo.com/kb/index?page=product&y=PROD_MAIL_ML>

      -- Shal
    • Thomas Sisson
      Message 2 of 3 , Jun 20, 2013

        If you can get a hold of Yahoo customer service, get them to create an incident report with a ticket number, and can verify the personal account information that you had attached to the Yahoo account, maybe.

        When you set up a Yahoo account, they ask you for your address, birthday, and telephone number (at least they used to). You must have entered the required information and know what it was when you quit using the account. Additionally, it must be true that the information connected to the account was not deleted.

        Also, it could take months or longer to recover your account. If you get the wrong person, they may tell you it's not possible and close the support ticket. Yahoo has always archived email accounts, but I don't know if this policy has changed. It would also help if at one time there was a credit card connected to your account and you remember the credit card number.

        All said and done, it's a big maybe.