Re: Hanging On to Classic For Dear Life

  • Kenneth
    Message 1 of 8 , May 14 7:57 PM
      I'm looking at compose for the newest Yahoo! Mail. I do see a variety of fonts from which to choose. And while I'm not sure what you mean by "check all (mail)", search seems to be working fine too. Search gives you a results screen for matching email from all folders and then allows you to filter those results down to specific senders, dates, folders, status (unread, replied, starred, forwarded), and attachment type.

      Kenneth

      --- In Y-Mail@yahoogroups.com, "fggybttm" <fggybttm@...> wrote:

      > I've found that the updated Yahoo mail program that's replacing Classic will not have some features that I really liked/loved: a variety of fonts from which to choose, and the "check all (mail)" feature, which was wonderful when reviewing scads of search results, or a whole box (in/sent/draft/etc), for example.
      >
      > And I already miss the rather 'caring' attitude of Yahoo of past years. The present administration seems rather 'indifferent'.
      >
      > Also, not being electronically hip, what is a viewable difference between this 'html' thing and Javascript, or do I need to know? And will we have to live with that purple fron now on?
      >
      > Hope to hear from someone/anyone. I'm feeling I'm on a very much appreciated 'sinking ship' ;-((
      >
      > FB

    • Jason M.
      Message 2 of 8 , May 15 6:24 AM
        New mail has a choice of 8 fonts.  I've been on "new" mail (and the Beta version before that) since 2007 and have only dim memories of "classic" - did classic have more than 8 fonts?  When I was on classic (in the late '90s) I only ever used the default choice, which is Arial.  I also have a "check all" box feature on the current version of "New" - it's not labeled as such, but it does check all e-mails within a given folders with the push of a single button - but maybe there are still different versions of New going around?

        -Jason

        I've found that the updated Yahoo mail program that's replacing Classic will not have some features that I really liked/loved:  a variety of fonts from which to choose, and the "check all (mail)" feature, which was wonderful when reviewing scads of search results, or a whole box (in/sent/draft/etc), for example.

        And I already miss the rather 'caring' attitude of Yahoo of past years. The present administration seems rather 'indifferent'.

        Also, not being electronically hip, what is a viewable difference between this 'html' thing and Javascript, or do I need to know?  And will we have to live with that    purple    fron now on?

        Hope to hear from someone/anyone.  I'm feeling I'm on a very much appreciated 'sinking ship' ;-((

        FB

            Y-Mail-digest@yahoogroups.com

      • aprildancer3
        Message 3 of 8 , May 18 10:54 AM
          Yes Jason M. Classic does have more then 8 fonts. They have 10 fonts listed. I commonly use Verdana when I use the rich text mood.

          I am hanging on to MY Classic for dearest life. A fat lot of good it will do.

          My hunt for a descant replacement email provider for Classic has not gone well. Looks at mail.com. That is one BAD email UGH!. Gmail is 'ok'. But man I feel like it's suck a down grade. The Classic Mail is still far and the away the best email version out there.

          When yah(ell) kills Classic, there is NO DAMN way anyone can put them on a top 10 or 100 list of best email services.

          I still might try a zoho account. But from everything I read. It's seriously directed at the small businesses users and the like.

          There is so little to choose from out there. :(

          IF ANYONE FROM YAHOO DOES READ THIS GROUP FROM TIME TO TIME.

          PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE! LET SOMEONE BUY OUR GROUPS FROM YOU. THEN .. GO OUT OF BUSINESS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

          And yes.. I sooo... wish they would. The would and the internet would be a far better place.

          Sherry. (very very unhappy)
          PS. I am at the point where I would pay a small fee to keep Classic.
          Better then getting stuck a newer lesser email service. :(

          -------------------
          This was written and posted from the groups home page.
        • KR
          Message 4 of 8 , May 18 4:42 PM
            I still might try a zoho account.
            Sherry.