" HTML-only ("basic") version of Yahoo Mail"?//alternatives/Classic Yahoo Mail Surrogates

  • adeomus ********
    Message 1 of 51 , May 7, 2013

      i agree.

      and please....what does the " HTML-only ("basic") version of Yahoo Mail" entail ??
      does that mean no images/ fonts/ colors ?

      adds

      -- George MacDonald

      From: Shal Farley <shal@...>
      Subject: Re: [Y-Mail] Re: alternatives/Classic Yahoo Mail Surrogates out there, was new Ya
      To: Y-Mail@yahoogroups.com
      Date: Monday, April 29, 2013, 9:56 PM

      As far as I know they haven't previewed the HTML-only ("basic") version of Yahoo Mail, but I expect it will work with browser tabs the way Classic does -- absent JavaScript it can't really do anything else. Whether the rest of its UI is worth using remains to be seen. As does the question of whether users will be able to switch between the HTML-only and the JavaScript version easily (without having to temporarily disable JavaScript in their browser).

      -- Shal

    • adeomus ********
      Message 51 of 51 , May 9, 2013

        thank you so much, very much appreciated !!
        adds

        -- George MacDonald