Re: [Y-Mail] costing

  • Sasafrass452
    Message 1 of 7 , Apr 29, 2013
      I think you misunderstood.... There is no cost to having the new Yahoo Mail, & all users will be upgraded. $99/yr must be for one of their premium services such as domain hosting.

      **Sasafrass452**
      http://www.friendburst.com/Sasafrass452
      http://thexfactorusa.proboards.com
      On 04/29/2013 02:26 PM, L wrote:

      OK. It looks like I'll be automatically updated to the new yahoo email on June 3rd. What doesn't appear to be apparent is the cost.
      I called a yahoo customer support # and was told that the cost would be $99/year. Can that be right? I don't know of anyone else who is charging for this service.
      Is there a known cost?? And how much would it be.
      Thank you.

    • Donna Lee
      Message 2 of 7 , Apr 29, 2013
        The cost if having a Yahoo premium email is $19.95 a year.

        Donna Ford Lee ♂+♀=♡
        Tulsa, OK

        Sent Via My iPhone

        On Apr 29, 2013, at 1:26 PM, "L" <lkg907@...> wrote:

        > OK. It looks like I'll be automatically updated to the new yahoo email on June 3rd. What doesn't appear to be apparent is the cost.
        > I called a yahoo customer support # and was told that the cost would be $99/year. Can that be right? I don't know of anyone else who is charging for this service.
        > Is there a known cost?? And how much would it be.
        > Thank you.

      • Jodi
        Message 3 of 7 , Apr 29, 2013

          Cool......It will Be Awesome To See What Happens When The New Yahoo! Is Up & Running On June 3rd..........Sasafrass452, will you please keep us informed?;)

          --- In Y-Mail@yahoogroups.com, Sasafrass452 wrote:

          > I think you misunderstood.... There is no cost to having the new Yahoo
          > Mail, & allusers will be upgraded. $99/yr must be for one of their
          > premium services such as domain hosting.
          >

          > **Sasafrass452**
          > http://www.friendburst.com/Sasafrass452
          > http://thexfactorusa.proboards.com
          >
          > On 04/29/2013 02:26 PM, L wrote:
          > >
          > > OK. It looks like I'll be automatically updated to the new yahoo email
          > > on June 3rd. What doesn't appear to be apparent is the cost.
          > > I called a yahoo customer support # and was told that the cost would
          > > be $99/year. Can that be right? I don't know of anyone else who is
          > > charging for this service.
          > > Is there a known cost?? And how much would it be.
          > > Thank you.

        • Shal Farley
          Message 4 of 7 , Apr 29, 2013
            L,

            > OK. It looks like I'll be automatically updated to the new yahoo
            > email on June 3rd. What doesn't appear to be apparent is the cost. I
            > called a yahoo customer support # and was told that the cost would be
            > $99/year. Can that be right?

            No, not for plain Yahoo Mail. That's free. I suspect that the number you called is a third-party trying to sell their services to answer questions about Yahoo Mail. I say that because there have been other people ask about these paid telephone support plans.

            Yahoo's price for Yahoo Mail Plus has been $19.99/year. I don't think it is even conceivable that they would jump the price up to $99/year.

            "What is Yahoo! Mail Plus and how much does it cost?"
            <http://help.yahoo.com/kb/index?page=content&id=SLN3421&y=PROD_MAIL_ML>

            -- Shal
          • Sasafrass452
            Message 5 of 7 , Apr 30, 2013
              Just to be clear, the new Yahoo Mail is already up & running. Only those still using the classic interface will be upgraded. I'm not a Yahoo employee, so I don't know any more than anyone else here. For the latest developments, keep an eye on the Yahoo Mail blog.

              On 04/29/2013 11:23 PM, Jodi wrote:

              Cool......It will Be Awesome To See What Happens When The New Yahoo! Is Up & Running On June 3rd..........Sasafrass452, will you please keep us informed?;)

              --- In Y-Mail@yahoogroups.com, Sasafrass452 wrote:

              > I think you misunderstood.... There is no cost to having the new Yahoo
              > Mail, & allusers will be upgraded. $99/yr must be for one of their
              > premium services such as domain hosting.
              >

              > **Sasafrass452**
              > http://www.friendburst.com/Sasafrass452
              > http://thexfactorusa.proboards.com
              >
              > On 04/29/2013 02:26 PM, L wrote:
              > >
              > > OK. It looks like I'll be automatically updated to the new yahoo email
              > > on June 3rd. What doesn't appear to be apparent is the cost.
              > > I called a yahoo customer support # and was told that the cost would
              > > be $99/year. Can that be right? I don't know of anyone else who is
              > > charging for this service.
              > > Is there a known cost?? And how much would it be.
              > > Thank you.

            • Jodi
              Message 6 of 7 , Apr 30, 2013
                Got Ya