costing

  • L
    Message 1 of 7 , Apr 29 11:26 AM
      OK. It looks like I'll be automatically updated to the new yahoo email on June 3rd. What doesn't appear to be apparent is the cost.
      I called a yahoo customer support # and was told that the cost would be $99/year. Can that be right? I don't know of anyone else who is charging for this service.
      Is there a known cost?? And how much would it be.
      Thank you.
    • Sasafrass452
      Message 2 of 7 , Apr 29 2:03 PM
        I think you misunderstood.... There is no cost to having the new Yahoo Mail, & all users will be upgraded. $99/yr must be for one of their premium services such as domain hosting.

        **Sasafrass452**
        http://www.friendburst.com/Sasafrass452
        http://thexfactorusa.proboards.com
        On 04/29/2013 02:26 PM, L wrote:

        OK. It looks like I'll be automatically updated to the new yahoo email on June 3rd. What doesn't appear to be apparent is the cost.
        I called a yahoo customer support # and was told that the cost would be $99/year. Can that be right? I don't know of anyone else who is charging for this service.
        Is there a known cost?? And how much would it be.
        Thank you.

      • Donna Lee
        Message 3 of 7 , Apr 29 4:50 PM
          The cost if having a Yahoo premium email is $19.95 a year.

          Donna Ford Lee ♂+♀=♡
          Tulsa, OK

          Sent Via My iPhone

          On Apr 29, 2013, at 1:26 PM, "L" <lkg907@...> wrote:

          > OK. It looks like I'll be automatically updated to the new yahoo email on June 3rd. What doesn't appear to be apparent is the cost.
          > I called a yahoo customer support # and was told that the cost would be $99/year. Can that be right? I don't know of anyone else who is charging for this service.
          > Is there a known cost?? And how much would it be.
          > Thank you.

        • Jodi
          Message 4 of 7 , Apr 29 8:23 PM

            Cool......It will Be Awesome To See What Happens When The New Yahoo! Is Up & Running On June 3rd..........Sasafrass452, will you please keep us informed?;)

            --- In Y-Mail@yahoogroups.com, Sasafrass452 wrote:

            > I think you misunderstood.... There is no cost to having the new Yahoo
            > Mail, & allusers will be upgraded. $99/yr must be for one of their
            > premium services such as domain hosting.
            >

            > **Sasafrass452**
            > http://www.friendburst.com/Sasafrass452
            > http://thexfactorusa.proboards.com
            >
            > On 04/29/2013 02:26 PM, L wrote:
            > >
            > > OK. It looks like I'll be automatically updated to the new yahoo email
            > > on June 3rd. What doesn't appear to be apparent is the cost.
            > > I called a yahoo customer support # and was told that the cost would
            > > be $99/year. Can that be right? I don't know of anyone else who is
            > > charging for this service.
            > > Is there a known cost?? And how much would it be.
            > > Thank you.

          • Shal Farley
            Message 5 of 7 , Apr 29 10:38 PM
              L,

              > OK. It looks like I'll be automatically updated to the new yahoo
              > email on June 3rd. What doesn't appear to be apparent is the cost. I
              > called a yahoo customer support # and was told that the cost would be
              > $99/year. Can that be right?

              No, not for plain Yahoo Mail. That's free. I suspect that the number you called is a third-party trying to sell their services to answer questions about Yahoo Mail. I say that because there have been other people ask about these paid telephone support plans.

              Yahoo's price for Yahoo Mail Plus has been $19.99/year. I don't think it is even conceivable that they would jump the price up to $99/year.

              "What is Yahoo! Mail Plus and how much does it cost?"
              <http://help.yahoo.com/kb/index?page=content&id=SLN3421&y=PROD_MAIL_ML>

              -- Shal
            • Sasafrass452
              Message 6 of 7 , Apr 30 5:26 AM
                Just to be clear, the new Yahoo Mail is already up & running. Only those still using the classic interface will be upgraded. I'm not a Yahoo employee, so I don't know any more than anyone else here. For the latest developments, keep an eye on the Yahoo Mail blog.

                On 04/29/2013 11:23 PM, Jodi wrote:

                Cool......It will Be Awesome To See What Happens When The New Yahoo! Is Up & Running On June 3rd..........Sasafrass452, will you please keep us informed?;)

                --- In Y-Mail@yahoogroups.com, Sasafrass452 wrote:

                > I think you misunderstood.... There is no cost to having the new Yahoo
                > Mail, & allusers will be upgraded. $99/yr must be for one of their
                > premium services such as domain hosting.
                >

                > **Sasafrass452**
                > http://www.friendburst.com/Sasafrass452
                > http://thexfactorusa.proboards.com
                >
                > On 04/29/2013 02:26 PM, L wrote:
                > >
                > > OK. It looks like I'll be automatically updated to the new yahoo email
                > > on June 3rd. What doesn't appear to be apparent is the cost.
                > > I called a yahoo customer support # and was told that the cost would
                > > be $99/year. Can that be right? I don't know of anyone else who is
                > > charging for this service.
                > > Is there a known cost?? And how much would it be.
                > > Thank you.

              • Jodi
                Message 7 of 7 , Apr 30 10:36 AM
                  Got Ya