Re: [Y-Mail] Automatic upgrade?

  • Sasafrass452
    Message 1 of 4 , Apr 28, 2013
      Yes, you will be automatically updated. Starting june 3rd, Yahoo will be switching all member's accounts to the new version. That process will likely take several weeks, so you might not get it right away.

      **Sasafrass452**
      http://www.friendburst.com/Sasafrass452
      http://thexfactorusa.proboards.com
      On 04/27/2013 11:14 PM, L wrote:

      As yet, I cannot figure out how to upgrade my e-mail. Will it be automatically updated on a given date when the Classic expires? What is that date? Thanks

    • Shal Farley
      Message 2 of 4 , Apr 28, 2013
        L,

        > As yet, I cannot figure out how to upgrade my e-mail.

        "How to upgrade to the latest version of Yahoo! Mail"
        <http://help.yahoo.com/kb/index?page=content&id=SLN3590&y=PROD_MAIL_ML>

        > Will it be automatically updated on a given date when the Classic expires? What is
        > that date?

        "Beginning the week of June 3, 2013 ..." No exact date has been stated, I suspect the update will be phased rather than everyone all at once.

        "Do I have to upgrade to the new Yahoo! Mail?"
        <http://help.yahoo.com/kb/index?page=content&id=SLN8519&y=PROD_MAIL_ML>

        There is no indication that one can elect to update to the HTML-only version of new mail, what they've said is that they will detect whether your system can run the new mail and if not they'll connect you to the HTML-only version.

        -- Shal
      • Chris B
        Message 3 of 4 , Apr 30, 2013
          What worries me is that they tried to do an automatic upgrade a few months ago and many of us had ALL of our years and years worth of emails deleted. Then Yahoo had to do a mega restore. So what guarantee is there that there will not be a similar snafu this time round? CJB (Who now has a Gmail account that works fine).