email issues

  • W
    Message 1 of 2 , Apr 24, 2013
      I have a client that is 82 years old. We updated his PC to Windows 7 and he was able to access his email for months with no problems. Now however he is unable to. I'm not sure if he tried to reset his password. I tried helping him for awhile but had no luck. Seems there is no Phone number to call when you have these types of issues and are looking for support. When we tried to work it out online it sends him to an Att email account and he doesn't have one. As i said...He's 82 and his mental facilities are not that sharp.and he is getting increasingly frustrated.

      Is there a Customer Service numer he can call !!!
    • Thomas Sisson
      Message 2 of 2 , Jun 21, 2013

        Dear W (zmoustache1),

        It appears that the 82-year-old client has had one of the telephone companies as an Internet service provider (ISP) and linked his Yahoo account to one of his former ISP email accounts. If he (or she) still had his Internet service through the telephone company, he could call them and reset the password for his master account. Since it sounds like this is not true, he needs to call the telephone company that he used when he linked his accounts to request that they are unlinked. When calling technical support at the telephone company, there should be an option that mentions Yahoo. It may take several times to explain it to technical support. They will have to reactivate email address used while he had while using their service, unlink the account on their end, and reset the password. They should then give a telephone number to call Yahoo, because Yahoo will have to do the same thing.

        Yahoo and the telephone company will each tell you that the other needs to unlink the accounts. The telephone company may even say the accounts are not linked. The truth is that they both need to unlink the accounts on their end. Call the telephone company first, and make sure you write down the incident number. When calling Yahoo, you may receive a recording saying that they cannot help you at this time. This is normal because Yahoo's call centers are understaffed. Make sure they understand that this is a technical support issue concerning linked accounts. They are supposed to assist with this issue and not try to charge for support or send you back to the Yahoo help page.

        Tom