Can't send emails with quotes in them from Mobile Mail web page

  • mjk4984
    Message 1 of 2 , Apr 17, 2013
      I've been having an issue for a while now, where periodically if I try to send emails from the table/smartphone version of http://mail.yahoo.com (which redirects to https://m.mg.mail.yahoo.com/hg), it would say the message was sent, but would just leave it in the Outbox.

      After running into again today, I finally figured out what's causing it. Any email I try to send that contains quotes (") silently fails to send. This is just the Mobile iPhone/iPad (maybe other smartphones and tablets) version of the web mail page. They send fine in the Mail app, but the Mail app doesn't support aliases in Yahoo Mail, so I periodically use the web mail site as well.

      An email I tried to send today, would silently fail to send until I removed a pair of quotes from the email. Then it sent fine.

      I contacted support about this and they suggested I contact my carrier or update the Mail app settings in iOS. Neither "solution" was correct since I wasn't using the Mail app (I was using Safari) and I was on WiFi at the time.

      Is there any chance on forwarding this along to someone who can fix this?
    • lena_kiev
      Message 2 of 2 , Apr 17, 2013
        > From: "mjk4984" <mjk4984@...>

        > I contacted support about this and they suggested I contact my
        > carrier or update the Mail app settings in iOS. Neither "solution"
        > was correct since I wasn't using the Mail app (I was using Safari)
        > and I was on WiFi at the time.

        Reply to that message from Support and explain that.
        Repeat as many times as clueless answers.