Subfolders?

  • peterlebensold
    Message 1 of 1 , Apr 16, 2013
      A while ago, I copied over to my Yahoo account a series of folders that I'd set up in (I think) Gmail. In Gmail, many of the folders were nested -- a series of top folders, subfolders and sub-subfolders.

      At the time, Yahoo didn't seem to support nested folders, so when the Gmail folders arrived in my Yahoo account, they were named (for example) "TopFolder/Subfolder/Subsubfolder" -- with forward slashes dividing the names, but NOT nested, just listed one after another on the left side of my screen.

      Then a week or two ago, I was excited to discover that Yahoo now seemed to support nested folders: In fact it had automatically nested all the folders I'd brought over from Gmail -- listing only the top folder over on the left of my screen, but with a tiny triangle that, when I clicked on it, opened up a list of that folder's subfolders.

      So I now seem to have nested folders in my Yahoo Mail, and I can see the list of messages in each subfolder -- but (and HERE is the problem) I am unable to OPEN any of the messages in any subfolder. I keep getting the "There appears to be a problem loading the email "[subject line]", and "Temporary error: 14"

      What's interesting is that I can Move each individual message out of its subfolder (and into, for example, my Inbox) and open it there. But I cannot open any message as long as it's in the subfolder.

      Any ideas anyone?