new mail problem

  • minilorrie
    Message 1 of 3 , Apr 15 5:15 PM
      My hubby uses the new mail and it was working fine this AM. When he went to look at his mail about an hour ago, it asked him for his password and the answer to the security question. The thing is he was never asked to have a security question appear when he first got the account. He put what he thought was the right answer in and still could not get in. He rebooted his system and still no go. It put up a Captcha code and before he got a chance to type it in, it disappeared. This happened a few times. So now he cannot get into his mail. Any solutions??
      He is running FF and Win 7.

      Lorrie
    • jayant m
      Message 2 of 3 , Apr 16 8:27 PM
        Clear the cache.
        Try a different browser.
        Call customer support. It's possible that his system has been hacked. Incidentally, I have the added security feature now where I get an SMS to confirm login from an unauthorized computer.

        Jayant

        --- In Y-Mail@yahoogroups.com, "minilorrie" <minilorrie@...> wrote:

        > My hubby uses the new mail and it was working fine this AM. When he went to look at his mail about an hour ago, it asked him for his password and the answer to the security question. The thing is he was never asked to have a security question appear when he first got the account. He put what he thought was the right answer in and still could not get in. He rebooted his system and still no go. It put up a Captcha code and before he got a chance to type it in, it disappeared. This happened a few times. So now he cannot get into his mail. Any solutions??
        > He is running FF and Win 7.
        >
        > Lorrie

      • mjk4984
        Message 3 of 3 , Apr 17 10:56 AM
          If you're like me the SMS feature doesn't work (I never get the SMS Yahoo supposedly sends despite my carrier being supported, so I can't enable the feature).  If you reset the password though, it will email all your secondary email addresses you've added to your account.

          Try https://edit.yahoo.com/forgotroot/  first.  If that doesn't work. Then try http://io.help.yahoo.com/contact/index?locale=en_US&page=contact&srcContact=acct_care