Messages with certain phrases can't be sent from Mobile Mail web site

  • mjk4984
    Message 1 of 1 , Apr 8, 2013
      Normally I use the Mail app on my iPad or iPhone, but since that doesn't support sending from disposable email addresses, I use the Yahoo Mail web site (smart phone/tablet version) to send emails from time to time.

      I ran into a problem the past few weeks, one which I've seen in the past (even on the full Yahoo Mail web mail page), where replies I sent to someone using Yahoo Mail web site on my iPad and iPhone never got sent.  They all got stuck in the Outbox despite saying they were sent.

      A message complaining about the problem to Yahoo support got a response claiming that I needed to adjust the mail settings on my iPad.  When I responded that I was using the Yahoo mail web site and not the Mail app, they replied that I needed to contact my carrier.  That despite me telling them I was using WiFi and had the problem with a variety of WiFi hotspots and at home.  When I replied to this, they went back to telling me to change the Mail settings on my phone again.  After going around in circles for about 8 emails, I gave up on support.

      The phrase that caused the problem for me recently was:

      That makes no sense unless you disabled "INFO" logging in the addon options

      If I paste or type that phrase into an email using the Mobile Yahoo Mail web site, it won't get sent to any address (even my own).  It silently fails and gets placed in the Outbox and I have no idea why.

      I finally had to use my GMail Account (after adding my Yahoo Mail disposable address) to send the email.

      I wish Yahoo would fix this.