Re: Disposable addresses use Spamguard even though option not checked

  • pb_rys
    Message 1 of 9 , Apr 8, 2013
      Thanks Shal. That is most helpful and works.

      --- In Y-Mail@yahoogroups.com, Shal Farley <shal@...> wrote:

      > Peter,
      >
      > > Even though I don't have "Use Spamguard" checked for my disposable
      > > addresses, it appears that Yahoo mail still uses Spamguard on ALL mail.
      > > If the email is detected as spam, it goes to the spam folder. And if the
      > > email address was in bcc (rather than to or cc), you can't see which
      > > disposable address has been compromised.
      >
      > Use "View Full Header" in the Actions menu. You should find a field starting with "X-Apparently-To:" that lists your email address. I don't use disposable addresses, but I imagine that would identify it.
      >
      > -- Shal

    • mjk4984
      Message 2 of 9 , Apr 8, 2013
        The "X-Apparently-To:" should work to identify which email address received the email.

        Yahoo used to have a "To" column in the Inbox and Spam folders which was useful for figuring out which email address received the email. I'm not sure why they got rid of it as I'd say 99% of the spam I get goes to one address which made it much easier to find false positives and unfiltered spam messages.

        I wish Yahoo would add that back since even people who don't use DEA can use Yahoo Mail to pull mail from other email servers.

        --- In Y-Mail@yahoogroups.com, Shal Farley <shal@...> wrote:

        > Peter,
        >
        > > Even though I don't have "Use Spamguard" checked for my disposable
        > > addresses, it appears that Yahoo mail still uses Spamguard on ALL mail.
        > > If the email is detected as spam, it goes to the spam folder. And if the
        > > email address was in bcc (rather than to or cc), you can't see which
        > > disposable address has been compromised.
        >
        > Use "View Full Header" in the Actions menu. You should find a field starting with "X-Apparently-To:" that lists your email address. I don't use disposable addresses, but I imagine that would identify it.
        >
        > -- Shal

      • pb_rys
        Message 3 of 9 , Apr 10, 2013
          Yes, thanks, "X-Apparently-To:" does work.

          The whole point for me of disposable addresses is to keep mail flowing in completely spam free. The moment I see any spam, I terminate that email address. Spamguard is just an annoyance.

          I wish Yahoo just had an option to completely turn off Spamguard (as it did in the past). It provides zero (in fact negative) value to me, and probably for a lot of people.

          With gmail you can create a filter that says, if it's detected as spam, don't process it as spam, ha-ha, effectively turning off spam detection.

          --- In Y-Mail@yahoogroups.com, "mjk4984" <mjk4984@...> wrote:

          > The "X-Apparently-To:" should work to identify which email address received the email.
          >
          > Yahoo used to have a "To" column in the Inbox and Spam folders which was useful for figuring out which email address received the email. I'm not sure why they got rid of it as I'd say 99% of the spam I get goes to one address which made it much easier to find false positives and unfiltered spam messages.
          >
          > I wish Yahoo would add that back since even people who don't use DEA can use Yahoo Mail to pull mail from other email servers.
          >
          > --- In Y-Mail@yahoogroups.com, Shal Farley <shal@> wrote:
          > >
          > > Peter,
          > >
          > > > Even though I don't have "Use Spamguard" checked for my disposable
          > > > addresses, it appears that Yahoo mail still uses Spamguard on ALL mail.
          > > > If the email is detected as spam, it goes to the spam folder. And if the
          > > > email address was in bcc (rather than to or cc), you can't see which
          > > > disposable address has been compromised.
          > >
          > > Use "View Full Header" in the Actions menu. You should find a field starting with "X-Apparently-To:" that lists your email address. I don't use disposable addresses, but I imagine that would identify it.
          > >
          > > -- Shal

        • lena_kiev
          Message 4 of 9 , Apr 10, 2013
            > I wish Yahoo just had an option to completely turn off Spamguard

            > With gmail you can create a filter that says, if it's detected as spam,
            > don't process it as spam, ha-ha, effectively turning off spam detection.

            If it doesn't contain the string cfhjmmdhfgfvfsnrkgfgdwtyfjkmnwvxcvzcgsh
            then put it into Inbox, not Spam.
            Just type a long string of random gibberish.