Re: [Y-Mail] Why do we put up with it?

  • Shal Farley
    Message 1 of 5 , Apr 6, 2013
      kube57,

      > How do I edit my Display Name.

      If you mean the one in your Yahoo Profile, click on the profile then click on the name: it is a direct edit style control (no "edit" button or link needed).

      Profile (your own when signed in):
      <http://profile.yahoo.com/>

      Screen shot of Display name:
      <http://www.flickr.com/photos/shalf/8505773005/in/set-72157594538412310>
      (the bug I was reporting with that screen shot seems to have been fixed)

      If you mean the name that goes out in the From: field of email messages:

      "Changing the "From" name sent with email messages"
      <http://help.yahoo.com/kb/index?page=content&id=SLN8675&y=PROD_MAIL_ML>

      -- Shal
    • Bruce Lund
      Message 2 of 5 , Apr 8, 2013
        >>>"Changing the "From" name sent with email messages"
        <http://help.yahoo.com/kb/index?page=content&id=SLN8675&y=PROD_MAIL_ML>

        Thanks, Shal. I had an email account that, for the life of me, I could not figure out how to change the "from" name. I had made a typo, so instead of it saying something like "Bob Smith" it read "Boob Smith." I have gone in multiple times trying to figure it out to no avail. Even after looking at the instructions at the above link, I was perplexed. But the generic link "Yahoo! Mail" under "Accounts" did the trick. So, thanks to you, I am no longer a Boob!

        Bruce Lund

            Y-Mail-digest@yahoogroups.com