Re: Why do we put up with it?

  • Robin
    Message 1 of 5 , Apr 6, 2013
      I have Yahoo Plus (have for years) but I still encounter numerous problems: can't always attach to messages, messages arrive late, etc. etc. I think they're weaning us off Yahoo Mail altogether.

      Robin

      --- In Y-Mail@yahoogroups.com, "Robert A. \(Bob\) Fairey" <fairey281@...> wrote:

      > My email images never show and I can't effectively send images. My file folders in Yahoo email are usually not accessible, and when they are, they display every email in the folder. I could go on and on.
      >
      > I did not choose the new, "improved" yahoo mail.
      >
      > Maybe they are messing up to "encourage" people to move to premium.

    • Shal Farley
      Message 2 of 5 , Apr 6, 2013
        kube57,

        > How do I edit my Display Name.

        If you mean the one in your Yahoo Profile, click on the profile then click on the name: it is a direct edit style control (no "edit" button or link needed).

        Profile (your own when signed in):
        <http://profile.yahoo.com/>

        Screen shot of Display name:
        <http://www.flickr.com/photos/shalf/8505773005/in/set-72157594538412310>
        (the bug I was reporting with that screen shot seems to have been fixed)

        If you mean the name that goes out in the From: field of email messages:

        "Changing the "From" name sent with email messages"
        <http://help.yahoo.com/kb/index?page=content&id=SLN8675&y=PROD_MAIL_ML>

        -- Shal
      • Bruce Lund
        Message 3 of 5 , Apr 8, 2013
          >>>"Changing the "From" name sent with email messages"
          <http://help.yahoo.com/kb/index?page=content&id=SLN8675&y=PROD_MAIL_ML>

          Thanks, Shal. I had an email account that, for the life of me, I could not figure out how to change the "from" name. I had made a typo, so instead of it saying something like "Bob Smith" it read "Boob Smith." I have gone in multiple times trying to figure it out to no avail. Even after looking at the instructions at the above link, I was perplexed. But the generic link "Yahoo! Mail" under "Accounts" did the trick. So, thanks to you, I am no longer a Boob!

          Bruce Lund

              Y-Mail-digest@yahoogroups.com