Re: Yahoo Dropbox integration. Where is it?

  • Kenneth
    Message 1 of 5 , Apr 3, 2013
      Strange that the Yahoo! Mail blog failed to mention the necessity of NOT opting out of Internet ads in order to have this feature. That's a huge oversight considering how they're promoting Dropbox integration.

      --- In Y-Mail@yahoogroups.com, "mjk4984" <mjk4984@...> wrote:

      > Got a response from Yahoo's Twitter feed. Dropbox integration won't be
      > available if you opt-out of Internet ads.
      >
      > http://info.yahoo.com/privacy/us/yahoo/opt_out/targeting/details.html
      >

      > --- In Y-Mail@yahoogroups.com, "mjk4984" <mjk4984@> wrote:
      > >
      > > I saw reports yesterday that Yahoo has integrated Dropbox into the
      > Yahoo Mail web site. The reports said everyone should have it, but I'm
      > not seeing it today.
      > >
      > > Does anyone have this? Is anyone missing it?

    • Kenneth
      Message 2 of 5 , Apr 3, 2013
        I just tested it and it's true. I went to the website below and opted out of internet ads. Then I went to Yahoo! Mail and clicked the save drop-down just below an attachment and "Save to my computer" was the only option. Then I went back to the website and opted back in and now the save drop-down also has a "Save to Dropbox" option.

        --- In Y-Mail@yahoogroups.com, "Kenneth" <justkenneth@...> wrote:

        > Strange that the Yahoo! Mail blog failed to mention the necessity of NOT opting out of Internet ads in order to have this feature. That's a huge oversight considering how they're promoting Dropbox integration.
        >
        > --- In Y-Mail@yahoogroups.com, "mjk4984" <mjk4984@> wrote:
        > >
        > > Got a response from Yahoo's Twitter feed. Dropbox integration won't be
        > > available if you opt-out of Internet ads.
        > >
        > > http://info.yahoo.com/privacy/us/yahoo/opt_out/targeting/details.html
        > >

        > > --- In Y-Mail@yahoogroups.com, "mjk4984" <mjk4984@> wrote:
        > > >
        > > > I saw reports yesterday that Yahoo has integrated Dropbox into the
        > > Yahoo Mail web site. The reports said everyone should have it, but I'm
        > > not seeing it today.
        > > >
        > > > Does anyone have this? Is anyone missing it?

      • mjk4984
        Message 3 of 5 , Apr 8, 2013
          Yahoo support informed me that they are updating things so that Dropbox integration will work even if you opt out of ads. I'm not sure if they've completed doing this or not since I didn't want to screw things up by opting out again. I have Mail Plus so it really doesn't matter if I'm opted in or not since I don't get ads in mail.