Second Sign in Verification SMS not working (2 step authentication)

  • introtologic
    Message 1 of 3 , Mar 31, 2013
      Hello Everyone,

      I am trying to set up two step authentication on my account. However, I am unable to get the text message on my Google Voice Number.

      I use the Google Voice number primarily (ported my personal number to GV) and switch my prepaid carrier frequently (contract free Nexus 4 - so straight talk, nt10, T Mobile, AT&T Go all work).

      Has anyone else had this issue with GV number?

      I am hoping there is a fix for this.

      Thanks
    • mjk4984
      Message 2 of 3 , Apr 1, 2013
        I'm pretty sure Yahoo doesn't support sending SMS texts to Google Voice.  It's not on the list.
        http://help.yahoo.com/kb/index?locale=en_US&y=PROD_MSNG&page=content&id=SLN1776

        That said, I have AT&T and Yahoo doesn't send me SMS texts for two step authentication either.  Yahoo says to check with AT&T and make sure they aren't blocking texts, but Yahoo is the only company that can't (or won't) send me text messages.  Ironically Yahoo has no problems sending me SMS messages via the Yahoo Mail messenger interface. It only fails through the mobile phone verification page.

        --- In Y-Mail@yahoogroups.com, "introtologic" <otgkhan@...> wrote:

        > Hello Everyone,
        >
        > I am trying to set up two step authentication on my account. However, I am unable to get the text message on my Google Voice Number.
        >
        > I use the Google Voice number primarily (ported my personal number to GV) and switch my prepaid carrier frequently (contract free Nexus 4 - so straight talk, nt10, T Mobile, AT&T Go all work).
        >
        > Has anyone else had this issue with GV number?
        >
        > I am hoping there is a fix for this.
        >
        > Thanks

      • Shal Farley
        Message 3 of 3 , Apr 1, 2013
          introtologic,

          > I am trying to set up two step authentication on my account. However, I
          > am unable to get the text message on my Google Voice Number.

          I've heard another report of that. I don't know if there is a solution to it.

          > I am hoping there is a fix for this.

          I think you can just leave the mobile number blank, as long as you have at least one non-Yahoo email address verified in your account. When you sign on using an unrecognized device you'll be given the option of having the verification code sent to one of your alternate email addresses.

          -- Shal