Re: [Y-Mail] Re: PLEASE .. how do I get-OUT of this new yahoo-email ....

  • Harryh
    Message 1 of 12 , Mar 22, 2013
      I'm still using classic mainly because the search function is easier to use.  The new interface is tedious and requires too many clicks.  The new interface is better for search within a search, but I rarely need that.  I do have to use a trick URL to start in classic.

      I do hope that classic will be retained, despite their apparent desire to not support it.  After all what maintenance is needed for 'dead' code.

      I find nothing in the new code that is faster over the classic, in spite of the ads.  I like classic for most tasks, but use the new interface for other tasks.

      From: E H <drtq2@...>
      To: Y-Mail@yahoogroups.com

      Help !!

      --- In Y-Mail@yahoogroups.com, "E H"  wrote:

      > .......and back to the CLASSIC ?

          Y-Mail-digest@yahoogroups.com

    • Bruce Lund
      Message 2 of 12 , Mar 22, 2013
        Earlier in the thread, I posted how you can go back. Classic works exactly as I want it to, allowing me to extensively use tabs in my browser. I have no doubt that the new mail has some way to do some of it, but why bother? I would have to completely learn a new way of doing thing just to be able to do what I can already do exactly as I want to do it. Plus, the new mail has some annoyances that are annoying as it gets.

        Yahoo will have me as long as they maintain classic. But once they take that away, I am gone.

        Bruce Lund