Re: [Y-Mail] Re: Help! Yahoo Instant Messanger - turn it off in Mail!

  • Donna Lee
    Message 1 of 9 , Mar 18, 2013
      I will have to look for that lightening bolt. I did not think IM was incorporated for I could not see anything!! I knew that it had before but it was easier to find!!

      Donna Ford Lee ♂+♀=♡
      Tulsa, OK

      (\. (\
      ( ^.^)
      o_(")(") HAPPY EASTER

      Sent Via My iPhone

      On Mar 18, 2013, at 10:35 PM, "Kenneth" <justkenneth@...> wrote:

      > I think with this new version of Yahoo! Mail you just have to click on that little golden lightning-bolt looking icon in the left pane to toggle on and off the Yahoo! Messenger connection. When it's off, the lightning-bolt icon is gray. When it's on, it is golden. If yours is on, just click on it to turn it off.
      >
      > Kenneth
    • Kenneth
      Message 2 of 9 , Mar 19, 2013
        It's in the left pane between Folders and Applications. If you have a lot of folders, you won't see it unless you scroll the page down. Or else close the folders listing using the little triangle.

        And it's completely unlabeled. Just a horizontal line between Folders and Applications with a little lightning-bolt icon at the right of the horizontal line. If you hover your mouse over it, it displays "Sign In To Messenger." Or if you're already signed in, it says "Sign Out of Messenger." Surely that's just what Gin is looking for.

        Kenneth

        --- In Y-Mail@yahoogroups.com, Donna Lee <donna74128@...> wrote:

        > I will have to look for that lightening bolt. I did not think IM was incorporated for I could not see anything!! I knew that it had before but it was easier to find!!
        >
        > Donna Ford Lee ♂+♀=♡
        > Tulsa, OK
        >
        > (\. (\
        > ( ^.^)
        > o_(")(") HAPPY EASTER
        >
        > Sent Via My iPhone
        >
        > On Mar 18, 2013, at 10:35 PM, "Kenneth" <justkenneth@...> wrote:
        >
        > > I think with this new version of Yahoo! Mail you just have to click on that little golden lightning-bolt looking icon in the left pane to toggle on and off the Yahoo! Messenger connection. When it's off, the lightning-bolt icon is gray. When it's on, it is golden. If yours is on, just click on it to turn it off.
        > >
        > > Kenneth

      • Donna Lee
        Message 3 of 9 , Mar 19, 2013
          Thank you for pointing it out for me. :) I found it underneath ALL my folders!! I liked it better at the top!!

          Donna Ford Lee
          Tulsa, OK

          It's in the left pane between Folders and Applications.  If you have a lot of folders, you won't see it unless you scroll the page down.  Or else close the folders listing using the little triangle.

          And it's completely unlabeled.  Just a horizontal line between Folders and Applications with a little lightning-bolt icon at the right of the horizontal line.  If you hover your mouse over it, it displays "Sign In To Messenger."  Or if you're already signed in, it says "Sign Out of Messenger."  Surely that's just what Gin is looking for.

          Kenneth

        • Ginger CD
          Message 4 of 9 , Mar 20, 2013
            Thank you everyone for your help! I found sqiggly and will see if this works. I do hope so.

            Ginger