Re: [Y-Mail] Re: Help! Yahoo Instant Messanger - turn it off in Mail!

  • Donna Lee
    Message 1 of 9 , Mar 18, 2013
      Let me look at tonight. I do not think you can log out but you make yourself invisible but let me take a look see and I will get back with you.

      Donna Ford Lee ♂+♀=♡
      Tulsa, OK

      (\. (\
      ( ^.^)
      o_(")(") HAPPY EASTER

      Sent Via My iPhone

    • karenborga@yahoo.com
      Message 2 of 9 , Mar 18, 2013
        Oh, sorry no one answered. Let me check on computer later to see if my I'm is always on.

        Karen

        ****

        I guess the lack of response to my question means there is no cure to my problem or no one cares to help.

        I want to permanently disable Yahoo Instant Messenger within Yahoo Mail. I can find no way to do that! When I open my mail, IM seems to start all by itself and it has minimal functionality. Opening IM stand-alone then gets very confusing with multiple non-functional windows. The old version if Mail had a way to disable it.

        I only want IM live when I start it from the IM start panel. This is terrible and it really sucks.

        Gin

        Sent via BlackBerry from T-Mobile
      • Donna Lee
        Message 3 of 9 , Mar 18, 2013
          I will have to look for that lightening bolt. I did not think IM was incorporated for I could not see anything!! I knew that it had before but it was easier to find!!

          Donna Ford Lee ♂+♀=♡
          Tulsa, OK

          (\. (\
          ( ^.^)
          o_(")(") HAPPY EASTER

          Sent Via My iPhone

          On Mar 18, 2013, at 10:35 PM, "Kenneth" <justkenneth@...> wrote:

          > I think with this new version of Yahoo! Mail you just have to click on that little golden lightning-bolt looking icon in the left pane to toggle on and off the Yahoo! Messenger connection. When it's off, the lightning-bolt icon is gray. When it's on, it is golden. If yours is on, just click on it to turn it off.
          >
          > Kenneth
        • Kenneth
          Message 4 of 9 , Mar 19, 2013
            It's in the left pane between Folders and Applications. If you have a lot of folders, you won't see it unless you scroll the page down. Or else close the folders listing using the little triangle.

            And it's completely unlabeled. Just a horizontal line between Folders and Applications with a little lightning-bolt icon at the right of the horizontal line. If you hover your mouse over it, it displays "Sign In To Messenger." Or if you're already signed in, it says "Sign Out of Messenger." Surely that's just what Gin is looking for.

            Kenneth

            --- In Y-Mail@yahoogroups.com, Donna Lee <donna74128@...> wrote:

            > I will have to look for that lightening bolt. I did not think IM was incorporated for I could not see anything!! I knew that it had before but it was easier to find!!
            >
            > Donna Ford Lee ♂+♀=♡
            > Tulsa, OK
            >
            > (\. (\
            > ( ^.^)
            > o_(")(") HAPPY EASTER
            >
            > Sent Via My iPhone
            >
            > On Mar 18, 2013, at 10:35 PM, "Kenneth" <justkenneth@...> wrote:
            >
            > > I think with this new version of Yahoo! Mail you just have to click on that little golden lightning-bolt looking icon in the left pane to toggle on and off the Yahoo! Messenger connection. When it's off, the lightning-bolt icon is gray. When it's on, it is golden. If yours is on, just click on it to turn it off.
            > >
            > > Kenneth

          • Donna Lee
            Message 5 of 9 , Mar 19, 2013
              Thank you for pointing it out for me. :) I found it underneath ALL my folders!! I liked it better at the top!!

              Donna Ford Lee
              Tulsa, OK

              It's in the left pane between Folders and Applications.  If you have a lot of folders, you won't see it unless you scroll the page down.  Or else close the folders listing using the little triangle.

              And it's completely unlabeled.  Just a horizontal line between Folders and Applications with a little lightning-bolt icon at the right of the horizontal line.  If you hover your mouse over it, it displays "Sign In To Messenger."  Or if you're already signed in, it says "Sign Out of Messenger."  Surely that's just what Gin is looking for.

              Kenneth

            • Ginger CD
              Message 6 of 9 , Mar 20, 2013
                Thank you everyone for your help! I found sqiggly and will see if this works. I do hope so.

                Ginger