//Help! Yahoo Instant Messanger - turn it off in Mail!

  • adeomus ********
    Message 1 of 1 , Mar 18, 2013

      i hate messenger, it's extremely intrusive !!!!!!
      have tried it several times, but never satisfactory for me.
      ( also, so many people i never heard of message me !..
      messenger spam ?!)

      anyhow, the only way i found to get rid of it
      was to choose "offline" in the rectangle on the left margin of
      mail page.
      not permanent, but seems ok usually...once in awhile someone sneaks in,
      no idea how/ why.

      adds

      ...magic has a habit of lying low,
      like a rake in the grass.