help with lock out

  • nvaflcio.jobs@att.net
    Message 1 of 8 , Mar 16, 2013
      I have been locked out of my email.
      My account is as old as Yahoo.
      I went to use my web interface which i rarely do. I had forgotten either the proper spelling or capitalization to my secret answers.
      Without thinking i asked to reset my password. I then waited until it dawned on me that without the password to look at mail i could not respond to the temp password email.
      So now i am locked out. I have waited and tried three days for the 24 hour reset. Each time it locks me out of the account.
      I have searched for working phone numbers for help, to no success.
      I have a sub account on the main account that i can still get into. However it does not follow the instructions of resetting the master accounts password
    • nvaflcio.jobs@att.net
      Message 2 of 8 , Mar 17, 2013
        apparently in hindsight, my contact e-mail is the same as the locked out accounts. All resets emailed to me are in the same inaccessible account.
        I do not know if capitalization is the issue with the secret answers. I have just about exhausted the names of the dogs in my past.
        I have been unable to find a working phone number for voice help. Contact via email process is a run around of wizards that take me around in circles.

        --- In Y-Mail@yahoogroups.com, "nvaflcio.jobs@..." <nvaflcio.jobs@...> wrote:

        > I have been locked out of my email.
        > My account is as old as Yahoo.
        > I went to use my web interface which i rarely do. I had forgotten either the proper spelling or capitalization to my secret answers.
        > Without thinking i asked to reset my password. I then waited until it dawned on me that without the password to look at mail i could not respond to the temp password email.
        > So now i am locked out. I have waited and tried three days for the 24 hour reset. Each time it locks me out of the account.
        > I have searched for working phone numbers for help, to no success.
        > I have a sub account on the main account that i can still get into. However it does not follow the instructions of resetting the master accounts password

      • Donna Lee
        Message 3 of 8 , Mar 17, 2013
          Are locked out of AT&T or Yahoo? I see an AT&T email account.

          Yahoo does have a published phone number but AT&T does. Yahoo makes it very VERY hard to get good help!

          Donna Ford Lee ♂+♀=♡
          Tulsa, OK

          (\. (\
          ( ^.^)
          o_(")(") HAPPY EASTER

          Sent Via My iPhone

          Message 4 of 8 , Mar 17, 2013
            This afternoon, i was reading the small print. I found that a password change on Yahoo?ATT mail will also change my ATT account password. They have a posted number to contact ATT, 1-800-288-2020. Tommorrow i will give them a call. The page says 24/7, the answering voice says no.
            So, my adventure will continue.
            Thanks for the Tip!

            Message 5 of 8 , Mar 17, 2013
              First thing in the AM. Thanks for the tip

              Message 6 of 8 , Mar 18, 2013
                I meant to point out Yahoo does NOT have a published phone #.

                Donna Ford Lee ♂+♀=♡
                Tulsa, OK

                (\. (\
                ( ^.^)
                o_(")(") HAPPY EASTER

                Sent Via My iPhone

                Message 7 of 8 , Mar 18, 2013
                  Yea, I have found out about that merry go-round.

                  Message 8 of 8 , Mar 18, 2013
                    Well, today ATT told me to abandon all hope. The account originally created, has been unlinked from the AT&T of today. If it is no longer a linked AT&T account, it becomes a floater or something.